FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 AM
"Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna"
 
Default Bug#643741: linux-headers-2.6.32-5-amd64: kernel BUG at /build/buildd-linux-2.6_2.6.32-35squeeze2-amd64-OT816k/linux-2.6-2.6.32/debian/build/source_amd64_none/mm/slub.c:2969!

Package: linux-headers-2.6.32-5-amd64
Version: 2.6.32-35squeeze2
Severity: critical
Justification: breaks the whole system

Hello,

Just installed clean Debian 6.0.2 amd64 and did a reboot via shutdown -r now . This is what I am getting:

[ 1619.241195] kernel BUG at /build/buildd-linux-2.6_2.6.32-35squeeze2-amd64-OT816k/linux-2.6-2.6.32/debian/build/source_amd64_none/mm/slub.c:2969!
[ 1619.241198] invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] SMP
[ 1619.241201] last sysfs file: /sys/power/state
[ 1619.241203] CPU 2
[ 1619.241205] Modules linked in: acpi_cpufreq cpufreq_conservative cpufreq_powersave cpufreq_userspace cpufreq_stats parport_pc ppdev lp parport sco bridge stp bnep rfcomm l2cap bluetooth rfkill vboxnetflt vboxdrv binfmt_misc fuse loop usbhid hid snd_usb_audio uvcvideo snd_usb_lib snd_seq_midi snd_seq_midi_event videodev v4l1_compat snd_hda_codec_atihdmi snd_rawmidi v4l2_compat_ioctl32 snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep snd_pcm snd_seq snd_timer snd_seq_device radeon snd processor ttm evdev drm_kms_helper i2c_i801 drm i2c_algo_bit pcspkr asus_atk0110 i2c_core soundcore snd_page_alloc psmouse button serio_raw ext4 mbcache jbd2 crc16 sg sr_mod sd_mod crc_t10dif cdrom uhci_hcd ata_generic pata_marvell ata_piix libata atl1e ehci_hcd scsi_mod thermal thermal_sys usbcore nls_base [last unloaded: vboxnetadp]
[ 1619.241266] Pid: 2400, comm: rmmod Not tainted 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 P5QL PRO
[ 1619.241268] RIP: 0010:[<ffffffff810e72b3>] [<ffffffff810e72b3>] kfree+0x55/0xcb
[ 1619.241278] RSP: 0018:ffff88012d8cdea8 EFLAGS: 00010246
[ 1619.241281] RAX: 0200000000080000 RBX: 000000000000000c RCX: 00000000020001f7
[ 1619.241283] RDX: 0000000000000001 RSI: ffffea00041d4918 RDI: ffffea0003800000
[ 1619.241286] RBP: ffff880100000000 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: ffffffff81455f10
[ 1619.241288] R10: ffff88012fa24660 R11: 00000000000003c0 R12: ffffffff81078190
[ 1619.241290] R13: 00007fff03473ed5 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000001
[ 1619.241293] FS: 00007f306c12e700(0000) GS:ffff880005500000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
[ 1619.241296] CS: 0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 000000008005003b
[ 1619.241299] CR2: 00007f0257067e80 CR3: 000000012e6e2000 CR4: 00000000000006e0
[ 1619.241301] DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
[ 1619.241304] DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000ffff0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
[ 1619.241307] Process rmmod (pid: 2400, threadinfo ffff88012d8cc000, task ffff88012d48f810)
[ 1619.241308] Stack:
[ 1619.241310] 000000000000000c ffff88012e572000 0000000000000880 ffffffff81078190
[ 1619.241314] <0> 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ffffffffa02197b0 ffffffff81078b07
[ 1619.241318] <0> 00007fff03473ed5 0000000000000000 ffffffffa02197b0 ffffffff81078e23
[ 1619.241323] Call Trace:
[ 1619.241328] [<ffffffff81078190>] ? free_sect_attrs+0x1f/0x2f
[ 1619.241333] [<ffffffff81078b07>] ? free_module+0x73/0x120
[ 1619.241337] [<ffffffff81078e23>] ? sys_delete_module+0x216/0x258
[ 1619.241343] [<ffffffff812fc605>] ? page_fault+0x25/0x30
[ 1619.241347] [<ffffffff81010b42>] ? system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
[ 1619.241349] Code: 83 c3 08 48 83 3b 00 eb ec 48 83 fd 10 0f 86 89 00 00 00 48 89 ef e8 b9 e8 ff ff 48 89 c7 48 8b 00 84 c0 78 13 66 a9 00 c0 75 04 <0f> 0b eb fe 5b 5d 41 5c e9 ac 56 fd ff 48 8b 4c 24 18 4c 8b 4f
[ 1619.241379] RIP [<ffffffff810e72b3>] kfree+0x55/0xcb
[ 1619.241383] RSP <ffff88012d8cdea8>
[ 1619.241386] ---[ end trace e7ed2d5edc1bd124 ]---

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 6.0.2
APT prefers stable-updates
APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages linux-headers-2.6.32-5-amd64 depends on:
ii gcc-4.3 4.3.5-4 The GNU C compiler
ii linux-headers-2.6.32-5 2.6.32-35squeeze2 Common header files for Linux 2.6.
ii linux-kbuild-2.6.32 2.6.32-1 Kbuild infrastructure for Linux 2.

linux-headers-2.6.32-5-amd64 recommends no packages.

linux-headers-2.6.32-5-amd64 suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110929075057.2535.26796.reportbug@sv1">http://lists.debian.org/20110929075057.2535.26796.reportbug@sv1
 
Old 09-29-2011, 12:09 PM
maximilian attems
 
Default Bug#643741: linux-headers-2.6.32-5-amd64: kernel BUG at /build/buildd-linux-2.6_2.6.32-35squeeze2-amd64-OT816k/linux-2.6-2.6.32/debian/build/source_amd64_none/mm/slub.c:2969!

severity 643741 important
stop

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 08:50:57AM +0100, Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna wrote:
> Package: linux-headers-2.6.32-5-amd64
> Version: 2.6.32-35squeeze2
> Severity: critical
> Justification: breaks the whole system

no at max important, maybe breaks *one* box.

>
> Hello,
>
> Just installed clean Debian 6.0.2 amd64 and did a reboot via shutdown -r now . This is what I am getting:
>
> [ 1619.241195] kernel BUG at /build/buildd-linux-2.6_2.6.32-35squeeze2-amd64-OT816k/linux-2.6-2.6.32/debian/build/source_amd64_none/mm/slub.c:2969!
> [ 1619.241198] invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] SMP
> [ 1619.241201] last sysfs file: /sys/power/state
> [ 1619.241203] CPU 2
> [ 1619.241205] Modules linked in: acpi_cpufreq cpufreq_conservative cpufreq_powersave cpufreq_userspace cpufreq_stats parport_pc ppdev lp parport sco bridge stp bnep rfcomm l2cap bluetooth rfkill vboxnetflt vboxdrv binfmt_misc fuse loop usbhid hid snd_usb_audio uvcvideo snd_usb_lib snd_seq_midi snd_seq_midi_event videodev v4l1_compat snd_hda_codec_atihdmi snd_rawmidi v4l2_compat_ioctl32 snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep snd_pcm snd_seq snd_timer snd_seq_device radeon snd processor ttm evdev drm_kms_helper i2c_i801 drm i2c_algo_bit pcspkr asus_atk0110 i2c_core soundcore snd_page_alloc psmouse button serio_raw ext4 mbcache jbd2 crc16 sg sr_mod sd_mod crc_t10dif cdrom uhci_hcd ata_generic pata_marvell ata_piix libata atl1e ehci_hcd scsi_mod thermal thermal_sys usbcore nls_base [last unloaded: vboxnetadp]

can you retry without that vboxfoocrap.
Is it reproducible then?

thank you.

--
maks



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110929120911.GF31264@vostochny.stro.at">http://lists.debian.org/20110929120911.GF31264@vostochny.stro.at
 
Old 09-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Volodymyr Shcherbyna
 
Default Bug#643741: linux-headers-2.6.32-5-amd64: kernel BUG at /build/buildd-linux-2.6_2.6.32-35squeeze2-amd64-OT816k/linux-2.6-2.6.32/debian/build/source_amd64_none/mm/slub.c:2969!

It seems like it just happens once.

I will try to repro it with vbox. Will make sure that I have a solid test-case scenario and then will test it without vbox.

Speaking
of testing modules. Is there any thing in Linux as Driver Verifier
which is used in Windows? It allows to check for pool corruptions, page
faults when called at high IRQLs, etc. I assume there are none for
Linux.


Is there any trick I can do to hunt this bug down?* Like compile
kernel in debug with special asserts? But in this case I will change the
code base basically ...

--
with best regards, Volodymyr

2011/9/29 maximilian attems <max@stro.at>

severity 643741 important

stop



On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 08:50:57AM +0100, Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna wrote:

> Package: linux-headers-2.6.32-5-amd64

> Version: 2.6.32-35squeeze2

> Severity: critical

> Justification: breaks the whole system



no at max important, maybe breaks *one* box.



>

> Hello,

>

> Just installed clean Debian 6.0.2 amd64 and did a reboot via shutdown -r now . This is what I am getting:

>

> [ 1619.241195] kernel BUG at /build/buildd-linux-2.6_2.6.32-35squeeze2-amd64-OT816k/linux-2.6-2.6.32/debian/build/source_amd64_none/mm/slub.c:2969!

> [ 1619.241198] invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] SMP

> [ 1619.241201] last sysfs file: /sys/power/state

> [ 1619.241203] CPU 2

> [ 1619.241205] Modules linked in: acpi_cpufreq cpufreq_conservative cpufreq_powersave cpufreq_userspace cpufreq_stats parport_pc ppdev lp parport sco bridge stp bnep rfcomm l2cap bluetooth rfkill vboxnetflt vboxdrv binfmt_misc fuse loop usbhid hid snd_usb_audio uvcvideo snd_usb_lib snd_seq_midi snd_seq_midi_event videodev v4l1_compat snd_hda_codec_atihdmi snd_rawmidi v4l2_compat_ioctl32 snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep snd_pcm snd_seq snd_timer snd_seq_device radeon snd processor ttm evdev drm_kms_helper i2c_i801 drm i2c_algo_bit pcspkr asus_atk0110 i2c_core soundcore snd_page_alloc psmouse button serio_raw ext4 mbcache jbd2 crc16 sg sr_mod sd_mod crc_t10dif cdrom uhci_hcd ata_generic pata_marvell ata_piix libata atl1e ehci_hcd scsi_mod thermal thermal_sys usbcore nls_base [last unloaded: vboxnetadp]




can you retry without that vboxfoocrap.

Is it reproducible then?



thank you.



--

maks
 
Old 09-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Ben Hutchings
 
Default Bug#643741: linux-headers-2.6.32-5-amd64: kernel BUG at /build/buildd-linux-2.6_2.6.32-35squeeze2-amd64-OT816k/linux-2.6-2.6.32/debian/build/source_amd64_none/mm/slub.c:2969!

On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 10:01 +0200, Volodymyr Shcherbyna wrote:
> It seems like it just happens once.
>
> I will try to repro it with vbox. Will make sure that I have a solid
> test-case scenario and then will test it without vbox.
>
> Speaking of testing modules. Is there any thing in Linux as Driver
> Verifier which is used in Windows? It allows to check for pool
> corruptions, page faults when called at high IRQLs, etc. I assume
> there are none for Linux.
[...]

There are build-time options to enable such checking in the kernel. See
the options under "Kernel debugging" (CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL).

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
- Albert Einstein
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org