Old 09-29-2011, 03:15 AM
Ben Hutchings

Default Uploading linux-2.6 (3.0.0-5)

I intend to upload linux-2.6 version 3.0.0-5 to unstable later this
week. This will include stable update 3.0.5 and may require an ABI
change (I haven't checked yet). It should fix the FTBFS on some
architectures in 3.0.0-4 (but other changes may introduce new failures).

Assuming that we don't find any more problems with the changes in
experimental to use kernel-wedge, I will apply those to unstable as
well. I'll need to upload kernel-wedge yet again with Joey's fix for
the bug that affected s390.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
- Albert Einstein

Old 09-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Otavio Salvador

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 00:15, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> Assuming that we don't find any more problems with the changes in
> experimental to use kernel-wedge, I will apply those to unstable as
> well. *I'll need to upload kernel-wedge yet again with Joey's fix for
> the bug that affected s390.

That's awesome :-)

--
Otavio Salvador* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br* http://www.ossystems.com.br

Old 10-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Hector Oron

Hello Ben,

2011/9/29 Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>:
> I intend to upload linux-2.6 version 3.0.0-5 to unstable later this
> week. *This will include stable update 3.0.5 and may require an ABI
> change (I haven't checked yet). *It should fix the FTBFS on some
> architectures in 3.0.0-4 (but other changes may introduce new failures).
>
> Assuming that we don't find any more problems with the changes in
> experimental to use kernel-wedge, I will apply those to unstable as
> well. *I'll need to upload kernel-wedge yet again with Joey's fix for
> the bug that affected s390.

First of all thanks for the fish.

Yesterday I was playing kernels with 3.0.0-5 and noticed that when
building with dpkg-buildpackage -a$arch, kernel-wedge does not seem to
understand that. I just thought it might be useful to comment, I have
not been able to look into it (at least yet).

When building with -a$arch, you'll also notice the build fails when
doing tools/perf/ as it does not seem to pass
CROSS_COMPILE=${TRIPLET}- into the make call when building perf. I
looked into that, but I havent been able to finish cooking any
(tested) patch for that yet.

Best regards,
--
*Héctor Orón *-.. . -... .. .- -. * -.. . ...- . .-.. --- .--. . .-.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Ben Hutchings

[Dropping debian-boot.]

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 04:00:10PM +0100, Hector Oron wrote:
> Hello Ben,
>
> 2011/9/29 Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>:
> > I intend to upload linux-2.6 version 3.0.0-5 to unstable later this
> > week. *This will include stable update 3.0.5 and may require an ABI
> > change (I haven't checked yet). *It should fix the FTBFS on some
> > architectures in 3.0.0-4 (but other changes may introduce new failures).
> >
> > Assuming that we don't find any more problems with the changes in
> > experimental to use kernel-wedge, I will apply those to unstable as
> > well. *I'll need to upload kernel-wedge yet again with Joey's fix for
> > the bug that affected s390.
>
> First of all thanks for the fish.
>
> Yesterday I was playing kernels with 3.0.0-5 and noticed that when
> building with dpkg-buildpackage -a$arch, kernel-wedge does not seem to
> understand that. I just thought it might be useful to comment, I have
> not been able to look into it (at least yet).

I think that kernel-wedge should be testing the environment variables
$DEB_HOST_* before calling dpkg-architecture, e.g.

arch=${DEB_HOST_ARCH:-$(dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH)}

> When building with -a$arch, you'll also notice the build fails when
> doing tools/perf/ as it does not seem to pass
> CROSS_COMPILE=${TRIPLET}- into the make call when building perf. I
> looked into that, but I havent been able to finish cooking any
> (tested) patch for that yet.

perf will be built as part of the linux-tools (formerly
linux-kbuild-2.6) source package in future. Please to try to fix
trunk/linux-tools, if it is similarly broken.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
- Albert Camus