Old 09-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Ben Hutchings

Default s390 kernel-wedge failure

The first upload of linux-2.6 using kernel-wedge failed to build on s390
because 'kernel-wedge find-dups' failed. To summarise, the duplicated
modules were:

drivers/md/dm-mod.ko in:
- crypto-dm-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
- md-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
- multipath-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
md-modules explicitly contains this and the others explicitly depend on it.

drivers/s390/block/dasd_mod.ko in:
- dasd-extra-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
- dasd-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
This is not explicitly contained in any package. But that doesn't seem
to have been a problem previously.

drivers/scsi/device_handler/scsi_dh.ko in:
- multipath-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
- scsi-core-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
scsi-core-modules explicitly contains this and multipath-modules depends on it.

drivers/scsi/scsi_mod.ko in:
- multipath-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
- scsi-core-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
- scsi-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
scsi-core-modules explicitly contains this and the others depend on it.

fs/mbcache.ko in:
- core-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
- ext2-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
- ext3-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
- ext4-modules-3.1.0-rc7-s390x-di
core-modules explicitly contains this and the others depend on it.

Aside from dasd_mod, I don't understand these failures.

(As for other architectures: so far amd64, i386, ia64 and mips have
built successfully, while powerpc failed at an earlier stage.)

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
- Albert Einstein

Old 09-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Joey Hess

Ben Hutchings wrote:
> The first upload of linux-2.6 using kernel-wedge failed to build on s390
> because 'kernel-wedge find-dups' failed. To summarise, the duplicated
> modules were:
>
> Aside from dasd_mod, I don't understand these failures.
>
> (As for other architectures: so far amd64, i386, ia64 and mips have
> built successfully, while powerpc failed at an earlier stage.)

You missed $configdir in one place, so it was not finding the
debian/installer/s390/modules/s390x/ directory, so did not know about
udeb interdependencies.

I've committed a fix to kernel-wedge.

--
see shy jo