Old 09-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Joey Hess

Default Add support for building within a kernel package

I don't want to waste your time, but there are enough changes here
that a split patchset would improve reviewing.

> if [ "$os" = "linux" ] ; then
> - if [ ! -e "$moddir/modules.dep" ]; then
> - echo "no $moddir/modules.dep. This file is required by kernel-wedge" >&2
> - exit 1
> + if [ -e "$moddir/modules.dep" ]; then
> + modulesdep=$moddir/modules.dep
> + else
> + modulesdep=$tmpdir/modules.dep
> + depmod ${SOURCEDIR:+-b $SOURCEDIR} -V $installedname -n >$modulesdep

Shouldn't depmod be passed a System.map here? My experience with d-i's
build system's use of depmod has taught me to always provide a
System.map to it when the running kernel may differ from the kernel
being prepared.

--
see shy jo