Old 07-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Alexander Kurtz

Default Random freezes probably caused by buggy rtl8192 driver fixed in 3.0.0-rc6

[Please CC me when replying, I'm not subscribed to debian-kernel@l.d.o]

Hi,

Just FYI: Some apparently random crashes/freezes on my Lenovo ThinkPad
Edge 13 seem to be caused by the driver for the RTL8188 wifi chip. With
2.6.39 I was able to reliably reproduce the problem by hitting RFKILL
while still sending/receiving data. With 3.0.0-rc6 I can't reproduce the
problem anymore. If you want more information, just tell me!

Best regards

Alexander Kurtz