Old 06-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Cyril LAVIER

Default linux target framework (tgt) packaging request

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:52:49 +0200, Jelle de Jong wrote:

Hello everybody,

Who wants to package tgt and put in into debian backports? I am
willing

to pay a bounty for it, just name a price you think is reasonable!

# What I want: tgt-1.0.17 with lsb compliant initscript
apt-get install tgt -t squeeze-backports

# current situation:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/tgt
# wget http://stgt.sourceforge.net/releases/tgt-1.0.17.tar.gz
# tar -vxf tgt-1.0.17.tar.gz
# cp --verbose tgt-1.0.17/scripts/initd.sample /etc/init.d/tgtd
# update-rc.d tgtd defaults

Please help out

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong

Hi Jelle.

This is not the work of the backport team to perform this kind of
operation.

You may contact the maintainers (which are now in CC) for this upgrade.

After this, when the package will be available in testing, the backport
will be possible.

Thanks.

--
Cyril "Davromaniak" Lavier

Old 06-15-2011, 04:57 AM
Ben Hutchings

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 16:08 +0200, Cyril LAVIER wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:52:49 +0200, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > Who wants to package tgt and put in into debian backports? I am
> > willing
> > to pay a bounty for it, just name a price you think is reasonable!
[...]
> Hi Jelle.
>
> This is not the work of the backport team to perform this kind of
> operation.
>
> You may contact the maintainers (which are now in CC) for this upgrade.

We have already been contacted in #577925.

I have done some urgent work on tgt in the past, but I do not use it and
do not find it easy to test. I think that Frederik might be too busy to
maintain it at the moment, and AFAIK no other kernel team members are
working on it. So it may be that this package needs an RFH. I will
leave Frederik to decide that.

> After this, when the package will be available in testing, the backport
> will be possible.

Right.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together.