FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-09-2011, 06:56 PM
maximilian attems
 
Default Bug#624169: Kernel panic when un-hibernating

With the new 2.6.39-rc4 packages, I let my laptop hibernate due to low
battery, then un-hibernated it, and got a kernel panic; photo of screen
attached.

is it reproducible with 2.6.39-rc6?





--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110509185644.GD1514@stro.at">http://lists.debian.org/20110509185644.GD1514@stro.at
 
Old 05-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Josh Triplett
 
Default Bug#624169: Kernel panic when un-hibernating

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 08:56:45PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> With the new 2.6.39-rc4 packages, I let my laptop hibernate due to low
> battery, then un-hibernated it, and got a kernel panic; photo of screen
> attached.
>
> is it reproducible with 2.6.39-rc6?

I wouldn't even call it reproducible with 2.6.39-rc4; it happened once.

- Josh Triplett



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110509200138.GA1683@leaf">http://lists.debian.org/20110509200138.GA1683@leaf
 
Old 03-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Jonathan Nieder
 
Default Bug#624169: Kernel panic when un-hibernating

tags 624169 + unreproducible
quit

Hi Josh,

Josh Triplett wrote:

> I wouldn't even call it reproducible with 2.6.39-rc4; it happened once.

I have high hopes that this might have been the bug fixed by
3fa016a0b5c5 (drm/i915: suspend fbdev device around suspend/hibernate,
2012-03-28), but I don't see any obvious way to tell whether it was
that or there is some other bug lurking. Ideas?

Thanks,
Jonathan



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120330181628.GA16797@burratino">http://lists.debian.org/20120330181628.GA16797@burratino
 
Old 03-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Josh Triplett
 
Default Bug#624169: Kernel panic when un-hibernating

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 01:16:29PM -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> tags 624169 + unreproducible
> quit
>
> Hi Josh,
>
> Josh Triplett wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't even call it reproducible with 2.6.39-rc4; it happened once.
>
> I have high hopes that this might have been the bug fixed by
> 3fa016a0b5c5 (drm/i915: suspend fbdev device around suspend/hibernate,
> 2012-03-28), but I don't see any obvious way to tell whether it was
> that or there is some other bug lurking. Ideas?

I haven't seen the bug again. Feel free to close.

- Josh Triplett



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120330220506.GA22099@leaf">http://lists.debian.org/20120330220506.GA22099@leaf
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:47 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org