Old 04-24-2011, 10:52 PM
Thorsten Glaser

Default Debian/m68k kernel

Dixi quod…

>Changes from the previous one:
[…]

Dear Debian Linux Kernel team,

please consider that patch (it was made against 2.6.38-4)
for inclusion in your next upload. It’s lots better than
everything we had before (i.e. Ethernet and the framebuf-
fer console work and SLUB doesn’t panic). I’ll try to prod
the linux-m68k people to get a resolution on the SLUB patch
and push the ST-RAM patch into 2.6.40 or so.

Reference: <Pine.BSM.4.64L.1104242000490.8787@herc.mirbsd.org >

Thanks!
//mirabilos
--
"Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."

Old 04-25-2011, 01:21 AM
Ben Hutchings

On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 22:52 +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Dixi quod…
>
> >Changes from the previous one:
> […]
>

> Dear Debian Linux Kernel team,
>
> please consider that patch (it was made against 2.6.38-4)
> for inclusion in your next upload.
[...]

Applied, with the exception of the debian/config/m68k/config change. A
line of the form '# CONFIG_FOO is unset' really is the correct way to
unset CONFIG_FOO; it is not just a comment.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings

Old 04-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Thorsten Glaser

Ben Hutchings dixit:

>Applied, with the exception of the debian/config/m68k/config change. A
>line of the form '# CONFIG_FOO is unset' really is the correct way to
>unset CONFIG_FOO; it is not just a comment.

OK. Thanks a lot in any case. I’ll wait for your next upload (and my
build of gcc-4.4 to finish) then compile and test (but the preview,
even though cross-built, already looks good on three machines which
are happily building other packages, including gcj which used to be
problematic, so I have a good feeling).

bye,
//mirabilos
existence. -- Coywolf Qi Hunt