-   Debian Kernel (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kernel/)
-   -   Debian linux-2.6 configs moved from http://merkel.debian.org/~jurij/? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kernel/510179-debian-linux-2-6-configs-moved-http-merkel-debian-org-jurij.html)

Paul Wise 04-05-2011 10:28 AM

Debian linux-2.6 configs moved from http://merkel.debian.org/~jurij/?

Hi all,

So merkel is now down and the KernelFAQ wiki pages all indicate that
Debian linux-2.6 configs are on http://merkel.debian.org/~jurij/. Have
they moved somewhere else or are Debian kernel configuration files no
longer available on the web? The merkel URL is the first result for
"debian kernel config" so it would be good to have a replacement.

In addition this repository seems to be outdated, maybe something for
some cleanup?

http://kernel.alioth.debian.org/debian/

--
bye,
pabs

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/

Ben Hutchings 04-05-2011 12:25 PM

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 06:28:16PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So merkel is now down and the KernelFAQ wiki pages all indicate that
> Debian linux-2.6 configs are on http://merkel.debian.org/~jurij/. Have
> they moved somewhere else or are Debian kernel configuration files no
> longer available on the web? The merkel URL is the first result for
> "debian kernel config" so it would be good to have a replacement.

I think we can generate all the config files with something like:

for arch in amd64 armel ...; do
make -f debian/rules.gen setup_$arch
done
for dir in debian/build/build_*; do
dir_base=$(basename $dir)
cp $dir/.config config_${dir_base#build}
done

No cross-build tools should be needed for this.

> In addition this repository seems to be outdated, maybe something for
> some cleanup?
>
> http://kernel.alioth.debian.org/debian/

Yes, I never even knew that existed.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
- Albert Camus

Jurij Smakov 04-05-2011 09:04 PM

Debian linux-2.6 configs moved from http://merkel.debian.org/~jurij/?

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 06:28:16PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So merkel is now down and the KernelFAQ wiki pages all indicate that
> Debian linux-2.6 configs are on http://merkel.debian.org/~jurij/. Have
> they moved somewhere else or are Debian kernel configuration files no
> longer available on the web? The merkel URL is the first result for
> "debian kernel config" so it would be good to have a replacement.

Yeah, back in September I've posted on Planet that I'm no longer going
to maintain it, and the service will die if nobody is going to
transfer it elsewhere:

http://blog.wooyd.org/posts/Kernel_config_files/

Looks like that finally happened. If you are interested in
getconfig.py source code, I should have a copy stashed somewhere.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/ KeyID: C99E03CC

Ben Hutchings 04-05-2011 10:38 PM

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 13:25 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 06:28:16PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > So merkel is now down and the KernelFAQ wiki pages all indicate that
> > Debian linux-2.6 configs are on http://merkel.debian.org/~jurij/. Have
> > they moved somewhere else or are Debian kernel configuration files no
> > longer available on the web? The merkel URL is the first result for
> > "debian kernel config" so it would be good to have a replacement.
>
> I think we can generate all the config files with something like:
>
> for arch in amd64 armel ...; do
> make -f debian/rules.gen setup_$arch

Needs '-k' as none of the per-flavour setup steps will complete without
cross-tools.

> done
> for dir in debian/build/build_*; do
> dir_base=$(basename $dir)
> cp $dir/.config config_${dir_base#build}
> done
>
> No cross-build tools should be needed for this.

I uploaded the current configs for squeeze (release architectures) and
sid (all defined architectures) to:

http://kernel.alioth.debian.org/config/

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings

Paul Wise 04-06-2011 12:35 AM

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 23:38 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> I uploaded the current configs for squeeze (release architectures) and
> sid (all defined architectures) to:
>
> http://kernel.alioth.debian.org/config/

Thanks, updated the KernelFAQ wiki pages.

Jurij's page provided a nice introduction and table of versions and
architectures, it would be nice if you could copy that:

http://google.com/search?q=cache:merkel.debian.org/~jurij/

Jurij's script for this is here too:

http://googlecom/search?q=cache:merkel.debian.org/~jurij/sw/getconfig.py

It would also be great to provide all the old configs, maybe grabbing
stuff from snapshot.d.o would help there.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise