FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Jörg Sommer
 
Default Bug#620608: uninitialized value in string eq at postinst:1280

Package: linux-base
Version: 3
Severity: minor

Hi,

during upgrade of linux-base on a testing system, I've got this message:

Setting up linux-base (3) ...
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-base.postinst line 1280, <STDIN> line 4.

If you need more informations about the system, ask me.

Bye, Jörg
 
Old 04-03-2011, 02:06 AM
Ben Hutchings
 
Default Bug#620608: uninitialized value in string eq at postinst:1280

On Sun, 2011-04-03 at 00:57 +0200, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> Package: linux-base
> Version: 3
> Severity: minor
>
> Hi,
>
> during upgrade of linux-base on a testing system, I've got this message:
>
> Setting up linux-base (3) ...
> Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-base.postinst line 1280, <STDIN> line 4.
>
> If you need more informations about the system, ask me.

Please send the output of:

/sbin/blkid -o device | while read device; do
echo "$device:"
/sbin/blkid -o udev -s LABEL -s UUID -s TYPE "$device"
done

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it makes it worse.
 
Old 04-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Jörg Sommer
 
Default Bug#620608: uninitialized value in string eq at postinst:1280

Hi Ben,

sorry for the long delay.

Ben Hutchings hat am Sun 03. Apr, 03:06 (+0100) geschrieben:
> On Sun, 2011-04-03 at 00:57 +0200, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> > Package: linux-base
> > Version: 3
> > Severity: minor
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > during upgrade of linux-base on a testing system, I've got this message:
> >
> > Setting up linux-base (3) ...
> > Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-base.postinst line 1280, <STDIN> line 4.
> >
> > If you need more informations about the system, ask me.
>
> Please send the output of:
>
> /sbin/blkid -o device | while read device; do
> echo "$device:"
> /sbin/blkid -o udev -s LABEL -s UUID -s TYPE "$device"
> done

/dev/sda1
ID_FS_UUID=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
ID_FS_UUID_ENC=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
ID_FS_LABEL=_grml_:0
ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=x27grmlx27:0
ID_FS_TYPE=linux_raid_member
/dev/sda2
ID_FS_LABEL=Linux_Var
ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=Linux_Var
ID_FS_UUID=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
ID_FS_UUID_ENC=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
ID_FS_TYPE=ext4
/dev/sdb
ID_FS_LABEL=Backup
ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=Backup
ID_FS_UUID=b270e79f-bbbd-440d-94e9-762617510982
ID_FS_UUID_ENC=b270e79f-bbbd-440d-94e9-762617510982
ID_FS_TYPE=btrfs
/dev/sdc1
ID_FS_UUID=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
ID_FS_UUID_ENC=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
ID_FS_TYPE=linux_raid_member
/dev/sdc2
ID_FS_UUID=2e95c5a4-d658-a167-cf89-181d5e6e3dc4
ID_FS_UUID_ENC=2e95c5a4-d658-a167-cf89-181d5e6e3dc4
ID_FS_TYPE=linux_raid_member
/dev/md0
ID_FS_LABEL=Linux_Root
ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=Linux_Root
ID_FS_UUID=366ac7f5-493d-4dc4-bf54-d761b477405c
ID_FS_UUID_ENC=366ac7f5-493d-4dc4-bf54-d761b477405c
ID_FS_TYPE=ext4
/dev/sdd
ID_FS_LABEL=File
ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=File
ID_FS_UUID=be255d34-e8a9-42fa-b299-e34bef4827f5
ID_FS_UUID_ENC=be255d34-e8a9-42fa-b299-e34bef4827f5
ID_FS_TYPE=ext4
/dev/md1
ID_FS_LABEL=Linux_Var
ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=Linux_Var
ID_FS_UUID=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
ID_FS_UUID_ENC=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
ID_FS_TYPE=ext4
/dev/sde
ID_FS_UUID=5f0d60a3-3e99-41eb-9be4-fb474f4ccd8d
ID_FS_UUID_ENC=5f0d60a3-3e99-41eb-9be4-fb474f4ccd8d
ID_FS_TYPE=crypto_LUKS

Bye, Jörg.
--
A red sign on the door of a physics professor: 'If this sign is blue,
you're going too fast.'
 
Old 04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Jörg Sommer
 
Default Bug#620608: uninitialized value in string eq at postinst:1280

Jörg Sommer hat am Mon 25. Apr, 23:21 (+0200) geschrieben:
> Ben Hutchings hat am Sun 03. Apr, 03:06 (+0100) geschrieben:
> > /sbin/blkid -o device | while read device; do
> > echo "$device:"
> > /sbin/blkid -o udev -s LABEL -s UUID -s TYPE "$device"
> > done
>
> /dev/sda1
> ID_FS_UUID=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
> ID_FS_UUID_ENC=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
> ID_FS_LABEL=_grml_:0
> ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=x27grmlx27:0
> ID_FS_TYPE=linux_raid_member
> /dev/sda2
> ID_FS_LABEL=Linux_Var
> ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=Linux_Var
> ID_FS_UUID=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
> ID_FS_UUID_ENC=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
> ID_FS_TYPE=ext4

That's strange. sda2 is a RAID member. I don't know why blkid thinks it's
a standalone filesystem.

# mdadm -E /dev/sda2
/dev/sda2:
Magic : a92b4efc
Version : 0.90.00
UUID : 2e95c5a4:d658a167:cf89181d:5e6e3dc4
Creation Time : Mon Jan 4 22:24:41 2010
Raid Level : raid1
Used Dev Size : 68380608 (65.21 GiB 70.02 GB)
Array Size : 68380608 (65.21 GiB 70.02 GB)
Raid Devices : 2
Total Devices : 2
Preferred Minor : 1

Update Time : Mon Apr 25 23:25:53 2011
State : clean
Active Devices : 2
Working Devices : 2
Failed Devices : 0
Spare Devices : 0
Checksum : 79364718 - correct
Events : 837534


Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
this 0 8 2 0 active sync /dev/sda2

0 0 8 2 0 active sync /dev/sda2
1 1 8 34 1 active sync /dev/sdc2

Do you know which of the UUIDs should be equal? The devices are grouped
as they belong together.

# for i in sda1 sdc1 md0 sda2 sdc2 md1; do printf '%-4s: ' $i; blkid -o udev -s UUID /dev/$i G -v _ENC; done
sda1: ID_FS_UUID=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
sdc1: ID_FS_UUID=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
md0 : ID_FS_UUID=366ac7f5-493d-4dc4-bf54-d761b477405c
sda2: ID_FS_UUID=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
sdc2: ID_FS_UUID=2e95c5a4-d658-a167-cf89-181d5e6e3dc4
md1 : ID_FS_UUID=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202

Bye, Jörg.
--
Nutze die Talente, die du hast. Die Wälder wären sehr still,
wenn nur die begabtesten Vögel sängen. (Henry van Dyke)
 
Old 04-26-2011, 03:47 AM
Ben Hutchings
 
Default Bug#620608: uninitialized value in string eq at postinst:1280

On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 23:35 +0200, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> Jörg Sommer hat am Mon 25. Apr, 23:21 (+0200) geschrieben:
> > Ben Hutchings hat am Sun 03. Apr, 03:06 (+0100) geschrieben:
> > > /sbin/blkid -o device | while read device; do
> > > echo "$device:"
> > > /sbin/blkid -o udev -s LABEL -s UUID -s TYPE "$device"
> > > done
> >
> > /dev/sda1
> > ID_FS_UUID=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
> > ID_FS_UUID_ENC=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
> > ID_FS_LABEL=_grml_:0
> > ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=x27grmlx27:0
> > ID_FS_TYPE=linux_raid_member
> > /dev/sda2
> > ID_FS_LABEL=Linux_Var
> > ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=Linux_Var
> > ID_FS_UUID=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
> > ID_FS_UUID_ENC=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
> > ID_FS_TYPE=ext4
>
> That's strange. sda2 is a RAID member. I don't know why blkid thinks it's
> a standalone filesystem.

Yes, that's weird.

But now that I look over the code again, I think the bug you found is
not related to this information. Does the /etc/mdadm.conf file on this
system use a device name wildcard? The device name transition code
recognises wildcards so that it can warn that they may need to be
changed, but of course it cannot find any specific information about
them.

[...]
> Do you know which of the UUIDs should be equal? The devices are grouped
> as they belong together.

I don't know, but I guess that the md-RAID label includes the UUID of
the RAID set so that all members would have the same UUID.

> # for i in sda1 sdc1 md0 sda2 sdc2 md1; do printf '%-4s: ' $i; blkid -o udev -s UUID /dev/$i G -v _ENC; done
> sda1: ID_FS_UUID=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
> sdc1: ID_FS_UUID=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
> md0 : ID_FS_UUID=366ac7f5-493d-4dc4-bf54-d761b477405c
> sda2: ID_FS_UUID=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
> sdc2: ID_FS_UUID=2e95c5a4-d658-a167-cf89-181d5e6e3dc4
> md1 : ID_FS_UUID=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202

So the anomaly is that for sda2 blkid shows the UUID of the filesystem
on the RAID, not the UUID of the RAID set.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it makes it worse.
 
Old 04-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Jörg Sommer
 
Default Bug#620608: uninitialized value in string eq at postinst:1280

Ben Hutchings hat am Tue 26. Apr, 04:47 (+0100) geschrieben:
> On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 23:35 +0200, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> > Jörg Sommer hat am Mon 25. Apr, 23:21 (+0200) geschrieben:
> > > Ben Hutchings hat am Sun 03. Apr, 03:06 (+0100) geschrieben:
> > > > /sbin/blkid -o device | while read device; do
> > > > echo "$device:"
> > > > /sbin/blkid -o udev -s LABEL -s UUID -s TYPE "$device"
> > > > done
> > >
> > > /dev/sda1
> > > ID_FS_UUID=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
> > > ID_FS_UUID_ENC=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
> > > ID_FS_LABEL=_grml_:0
> > > ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=x27grmlx27:0
> > > ID_FS_TYPE=linux_raid_member
> > > /dev/sda2
> > > ID_FS_LABEL=Linux_Var
> > > ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=Linux_Var
> > > ID_FS_UUID=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
> > > ID_FS_UUID_ENC=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
> > > ID_FS_TYPE=ext4
> >
> > That's strange. sda2 is a RAID member. I don't know why blkid thinks it's
> > a standalone filesystem.
>
> Yes, that's weird.
>
> But now that I look over the code again, I think the bug you found is
> not related to this information. Does the /etc/mdadm.conf file on this
> system use a device name wildcard?

No. That's the contents:

cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
# mdadm.conf
#
# Please refer to mdadm.conf(5) for information about this file.
#

# by default, scan all partitions (/proc/partitions) for MD superblocks.
# alternatively, specify devices to scan, using wildcards if desired.
DEVICE partitions

# auto-create devices with Debian standard permissions
CREATE owner=root group=disk mode=0660 auto=yes

# automatically tag new arrays as belonging to the local system
HOMEHOST jupiter

# instruct the monitoring daemon where to send mail alerts
MAILADDR root

# definitions of existing MD arrays
ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid1 num-devices=2 UUID=a59a6be1:01ac2c7a:12abc8dc:8e4c3255
ARRAY /dev/md1 level=raid1 num-devices=2 UUID=2e95c5a4:d658a167:cf89181d:5e6e3dc4

# This file was auto-generated on Mon, 04 Jan 2010 22:46:50 +0100
# by mkconf $Id$

Schöne Grüße, Jörg.
--
A valid expression in Java: x = new A().new B();
 
Old 04-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Ben Hutchings
 
Default Bug#620608: uninitialized value in string eq at postinst:1280

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 08:47 +0200, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> Ben Hutchings hat am Tue 26. Apr, 04:47 (+0100) geschrieben:
> > On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 23:35 +0200, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> > > Jörg Sommer hat am Mon 25. Apr, 23:21 (+0200) geschrieben:
> > > > Ben Hutchings hat am Sun 03. Apr, 03:06 (+0100) geschrieben:
> > > > > /sbin/blkid -o device | while read device; do
> > > > > echo "$device:"
> > > > > /sbin/blkid -o udev -s LABEL -s UUID -s TYPE "$device"
> > > > > done
> > > >
> > > > /dev/sda1
> > > > ID_FS_UUID=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
> > > > ID_FS_UUID_ENC=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
> > > > ID_FS_LABEL=_grml_:0
> > > > ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=x27grmlx27:0
> > > > ID_FS_TYPE=linux_raid_member
> > > > /dev/sda2
> > > > ID_FS_LABEL=Linux_Var
> > > > ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=Linux_Var
> > > > ID_FS_UUID=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
> > > > ID_FS_UUID_ENC=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
> > > > ID_FS_TYPE=ext4
> > >
> > > That's strange. sda2 is a RAID member. I don't know why blkid thinks it's
> > > a standalone filesystem.
> >
> > Yes, that's weird.
> >
> > But now that I look over the code again, I think the bug you found is
> > not related to this information. Does the /etc/mdadm.conf file on this
> > system use a device name wildcard?
>
> No. That's the contents:
[...]

Oh well, please try installing this package:

http://people.debian.org/~benh/linux-base_3.2a~test_all.deb
(signature:
http://people.debian.org/~benh/linux-base_3.2a~test_all.deb.sig ;
source:
http://people.debian.org/~benh/linux-base_3.2a~test.dsc )

and run 'dpkg --reconfigure linux-base'. It should print an error
specifying which device is missing information.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it makes it worse.
 
Old 05-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Jörg Sommer
 
Default Bug#620608: uninitialized value in string eq at postinst:1280

Hi Ben,

I'm very sorry I didn't reponse to your mail for so long.

Ben Hutchings hat am Sat 30. Apr, 20:47 (+0100) geschrieben:
> On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 08:47 +0200, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> > Ben Hutchings hat am Tue 26. Apr, 04:47 (+0100) geschrieben:
> > > On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 23:35 +0200, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> > > > Jörg Sommer hat am Mon 25. Apr, 23:21 (+0200) geschrieben:
> > > > > Ben Hutchings hat am Sun 03. Apr, 03:06 (+0100) geschrieben:
> > > > > > /sbin/blkid -o device | while read device; do
> > > > > > echo "$device:"
> > > > > > /sbin/blkid -o udev -s LABEL -s UUID -s TYPE "$device"
> > > > > > done
> > > > >
> > > > > /dev/sda1
> > > > > ID_FS_UUID=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
> > > > > ID_FS_UUID_ENC=a59a6be1-01ac-2c7a-12ab-c8dc8e4c3255
> > > > > ID_FS_LABEL=_grml_:0
> > > > > ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=x27grmlx27:0
> > > > > ID_FS_TYPE=linux_raid_member
> > > > > /dev/sda2
> > > > > ID_FS_LABEL=Linux_Var
> > > > > ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=Linux_Var
> > > > > ID_FS_UUID=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
> > > > > ID_FS_UUID_ENC=60342ce9-209a-4b60-97b5-7d9309751202
> > > > > ID_FS_TYPE=ext4
> > > >
> > > > That's strange. sda2 is a RAID member. I don't know why blkid thinks it's
> > > > a standalone filesystem.
> > >
> > > Yes, that's weird.
> > >
> > > But now that I look over the code again, I think the bug you found is
> > > not related to this information. Does the /etc/mdadm.conf file on this
> > > system use a device name wildcard?
> >
> > No. That's the contents:
> [...]
>
> Oh well, please try installing this package:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~benh/linux-base_3.2a~test_all.deb

Can you reinstall this file?

Bye, Jörg.
--
Nicht was Du bist, ist es was Dich ehrt, wie Du bist bestimmt den Wert.
Wünsche hat man oft und viel, nur wer lernt erreicht sein Ziel.
 
Old 06-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Ben Hutchings
 
Default Bug#620608: uninitialized value in string eq at postinst:1280

On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 17:23 +0200, Jörg Sommer wrote:
[...]
> > Oh well, please try installing this package:
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~benh/linux-base_3.2a~test_all.deb
>
> Can you reinstall this file?

I seem to have deleted it, but try this one:

http://people.debian.org/~benh/packages/linux-base_3.3~test1_all.deb

I'm attaching the changes so they're recorded on this bug and I won't
lose them again.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it makes it worse.
 
Old 06-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Jörg Sommer
 
Default Bug#620608: uninitialized value in string eq at postinst:1280

Ben Hutchings hat am Sun 05. Jun, 20:37 (+0100) geschrieben:
> On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 17:23 +0200, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> [...]
> > > Oh well, please try installing this package:
> > >
> > > http://people.debian.org/~benh/linux-base_3.2a~test_all.deb
> >
> > Can you reinstall this file?
>
> I seem to have deleted it, but try this one:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~benh/packages/linux-base_3.3~test1_all.deb
>
> I'm attaching the changes so they're recorded on this bug and I won't
> lose them again.

I've tried this package, but it didn't output anything special. I've
tried the old package, too, but had no luck in reproducing the message.

Because nobody else reported the same error, I think you should ignore
it. Except you have an idea how to find the reason of this error.

Bye, Jörg.
--
“…anytime you install something new on the Windows platform, you risk
spending the next five or six hours trying to figure out what happened”
(Robert Roblin, Adobe)
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:29 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org