Old 03-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Ben Hutchings

Default don't copy busybox to sh, use link instead

On Sat, 2011-03-19 at 14:02 +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> mkinitramfs uses cpio --dereference, so it copies each symlink
> as its target not as symlink. In order to compensate for that,
> use hard link instead.
[...]
> + ln -s busybox ${DESTDIR}/bin/sh
[...]

Really?

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings

Old 03-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Michael Tokarev

19.03.2011 17:00, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-03-19 at 14:02 +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
>> mkinitramfs uses cpio --dereference, so it copies each symlink
>> as its target not as symlink. In order to compensate for that,
>> use hard link instead.
> [...]
>> + ln -s busybox ${DESTDIR}/bin/sh
> [...]
>
> Really?

There are 2 patches numbered "3/5" - one of them leaked
from before I rebased the changes on top of Max's branch
(it was in my temp dir from git format-patch). This one
should be ignored, and it's not present in the git tree
either.

Thanks,

/mjt

Old 04-08-2011, 11:12 AM
maximilian attems

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> mkinitramfs uses cpio --dereference, so it copies each symlink
> as its target not as symlink. In order to compensate for that,
> use hard link instead.

this is no longer true (see current master).

--
maks