Old 03-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Ben Hutchings

Default Unstable - linux-kbuild-2.6.38

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 11:05:42PM -0500, Vivek Periaraj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To get the latest drivers for v4l, I had to use the debian kernel available
> from unstable - 2.6.38-rc6. To compile the drivers, I am in need of linux-
> headers which then depends on linux-kbuild. But linux-kbuild is not getting
> pulled because it's not there in the repos yet.

Build a package from the v4l repo with 'make deb-pkg', or wait for the
2.6.38 release.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
- Albert Camus

Old 03-09-2011, 03:05 AM
Vivek Periaraj

Hi,

To get the latest drivers for v4l, I had to use the debian kernel available
from unstable - 2.6.38-rc6. To compile the drivers, I am in need of linux-
headers which then depends on linux-kbuild. But linux-kbuild is not getting
pulled because it's not there in the repos yet.

I really have to use this kernel. As 2.6.37 is giving me some errors which is
fixed in 2.6.38.

What should I do to get this kbuild?

Following is from apt-get:

linux-headers-2.6.38-rc6-686 : Depends: linux-kbuild-2.6.38 but it is not
installable

E: Package 'linux-kbuild-2.6.38' has no installation candidate

Thanks,
Vivek.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Vivek Periaraj

Thanks! I will downgrade the kernel to 2.6.37 and get the latest from v4l
repo. Hope it works