Old 03-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Faidon Liambotis

Default xserver-xorg-video-radeon:screen goes black, system hangs after 2sec:

severity 616301 critical
thanks

My system locks up whenever I click on a YouTube video link since
yesterday. I can probably live without YouTube , but in any case this
shouldn't happen.

This isn't a singled out case nor in exotic, possibly faulty, hardware.
It's on a standard 1-year old Dell OptiPlex 780 desktop with a Radeon
HD card (one of the standard configurations) and this is on a stock
squeeze system.

The findings so far seem to suggest this is a Mesa issue; I'd probably
file it under "Linux kernel bugs" (or even DoS bugs) but I'm not sure
where to properly file such bugs in the post-KMS stack world.

Regards,
Faidon