FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Stanislav Klinkov
 
Default Bug#612911: linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64: Deprecated CIFS module

Package: linux-2.6
Version: 2.6.32-30
Severity: important

The package "linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64" is shipped with a deprecated version
of the CIFS module ("cifs.ko"). So, userspace utilities such as "mount.cifs"
become incompatible with old version of cifs.ko and refuse to work.

For example, one can mount nothing via CIFS. Rolling back the packages
"cifs-utils", "samba-common", "smbfs', etc down to Lenny or Lenny-backports
bundles resolves the issue as a temporary workaround.

-- Package-specific info:
** Version:
Linux version 2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 (Debian 2.6.32-30) (ben@decadent.org.uk) (gcc version 4.3.5 (Debian 4.3.5-4) ) #1 SMP Wed Jan 12 04:22:50 UTC 2011

** Command line:
BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 root=/dev/mapper/pve-root ro elevator=noop elevator=noop

** Not tainted

** Kernel log:
[ 0.731462] NET: Registered protocol family 10
[ 0.733485] Mobile IPv6
[ 0.734773] NET: Registered protocol family 17
[ 0.736174] PM: Resume from disk failed.
[ 0.736183] registered taskstats version 1
[ 0.737687] rtc_cmos rtc_cmos: setting system clock to 2011-02-11 12:45:25 UTC (1297428325)
[ 0.739748] Initalizing network drop monitor service
[ 0.740962] Freeing unused kernel memory: 592k freed
[ 0.743100] Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 4144k
[ 1.321118] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
[ 1.323699] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
[ 1.331019] alloc irq_desc for 19 on node -1
[ 1.331048] alloc kstat_irqs on node -1
[ 1.331116] virtio-pci 0000:00:03.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 19 (level, low) -> IRQ 19
[ 1.335636] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
[ 1.362972] SCSI subsystem initialized
[ 1.369334] ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
[ 1.396113] ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
[ 1.397485] alloc irq_desc for 22 on node -1
[ 1.397485] alloc kstat_irqs on node -1
[ 1.397485] ohci_hcd 0000:00:06.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 22 (level, low) -> IRQ 22
[ 1.398628] ohci_hcd 0000:00:06.0: OHCI Host Controller
[ 1.400015] ohci_hcd 0000:00:06.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[ 1.404766] libata version 3.00 loaded.
[ 1.409576] ohci_hcd 0000:00:06.0: irq 22, io mem 0xf0404000
[ 1.431952] usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0001
[ 1.432033] usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[ 1.434672] usb usb1: Product: OHCI Host Controller
[ 1.435951] usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 ohci_hcd
[ 1.437321] usb usb1: SerialNumber: 0000:00:06.0
[ 1.439427] usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[ 1.440853] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
[ 1.442013] hub 1-0:1.0: 8 ports detected
[ 1.443442] ahci 0000:00:0d.0: version 3.0
[ 1.443529] alloc irq_desc for 21 on node -1
[ 1.443532] alloc kstat_irqs on node -1
[ 1.443570] ahci 0000:00:0d.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 21 (level, low) -> IRQ 21
[ 1.445364] ahci: SSS flag set, parallel bus scan disabled
[ 1.448318] ahci 0000:00:0d.0: AHCI 0001.0100 32 slots 1 ports 3 Gbps 0x1 impl SATA mode
[ 1.450361] ahci 0000:00:0d.0: flags: 64bit ncq stag only ccc
[ 1.469660] scsi0 : ahci
[ 1.471251] ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m8192@0xf0406000 port 0xf0406100 irq 21
[ 1.792845] ata1: SATA link up 3.0 Gbps (SStatus 123 SControl 300)
[ 1.794291] ata1.00: ATA-6: VBOX HARDDISK, 1.0, max UDMA/133
[ 1.795521] ata1.00: 20971520 sectors, multi 128: LBA48 NCQ (depth 31/32)
[ 1.797646] ata1.00: configured for UDMA/133
[ 1.799123] scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access ATA VBOX HARDDISK 1.0 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
[ 1.815209] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 20971520 512-byte logical blocks: (10.7 GB/10.0 GiB)
[ 1.818080] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[ 1.819340] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 00 3a 00 00
[ 1.819362] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[ 1.821937] sda: sda1 sda2
[ 1.824076] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
[ 1.848631] usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
[ 2.006911] device-mapper: uevent: version 1.0.3
[ 2.009189] device-mapper: ioctl: 4.15.0-ioctl (2009-04-01) initialised: dm-devel@redhat.com
[ 2.124311] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=80ee, idProduct=0021
[ 2.125707] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=3, SerialNumber=0
[ 2.127150] usb 1-1: Product: USB Tablet
[ 2.128157] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: VirtualBox
[ 2.140214] usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[ 2.204639] usbcore: registered new interface driver hiddev
[ 2.222702] input: VirtualBox USB Tablet as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/input/input2
[ 2.224822] generic-usb 0003:80EE:0021.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [VirtualBox USB Tablet] on usb-0000:00:06.0-1/input0
[ 2.227787] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
[ 2.229763] usbhid: v2.6:USB HID core driver
[ 2.337002] kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
[ 2.338350] EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
[ 2.881904] udev[210]: starting version 164
[ 3.363784] input: PC Speaker as /devices/platform/pcspkr/input/input3
[ 3.449661] input: Power Button as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input4
[ 3.451867] ACPI: Power Button [PWRF]
[ 3.482383] piix4_smbus 0000:00:07.0: SMBus base address uninitialized - upgrade BIOS or use force_addr=0xaddr
[ 3.572389] input: Sleep Button as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSLPBN:00/input/input5
[ 3.574497] ACPI: Sleep Button [SLPF]
[ 3.575894] processor LNXCPU:00: registered as cooling_device0
[ 3.598862] input: ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse as /devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input6
[ 3.675877] ACPI: AC Adapter [AC] (on-line)
[ 3.908720] parport_pc 00:04: reported by Plug and Play ACPI
[ 4.663318] EXT3 FS on dm-0, internal journal
[ 5.113253] RPC: Registered udp transport module.
[ 5.114743] RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
[ 5.115928] RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.
[ 5.227364] Slow work thread pool: Starting up
[ 5.241082] Slow work thread pool: Ready
[ 5.243341] FS-Cache: Loaded
[ 5.361733] FS-Cache: Netfs 'nfs' registered for caching
[ 6.372846] Adding 1310712k swap on /dev/mapper/pve-swap. Priority:-1 extents:1 across:1310712k
[ 6.562513] kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
[ 6.564919] EXT3 FS on dm-2, internal journal
[ 6.566314] EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
[ 6.568832] kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
[ 6.570162] EXT3 FS on sda1, internal journal
[ 6.571550] EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
[ 7.627126] Bridge firewalling registered
[ 7.739697] device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
[ 7.781377] vmbr0: port 1(eth0) entering forwarding state
[ 17.824333] ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
[ 18.016469] vmbr0: no IPv6 routers present
[ 18.516033] eth0: no IPv6 routers present

** Model information
sys_vendor: innotek GmbH
product_name: VirtualBox
product_version: 1.2
bios_vendor: innotek GmbH
bios_version: VirtualBox

** Loaded modules:
Module Size Used by
vzethdev 7301 0
vznetdev 17967 0
simfs 3087 0
vzrst 110318 0
vzcpt 97042 0
vzdquota 35158 0 [permanent]
vzmon 16317 4 vzethdev,vznetdev,vzrst,vzcpt
vzdev 1824 4 vzethdev,vznetdev,vzdquota,vzmon
xt_tcpudp 2319 0
xt_length 1164 0
xt_hl 1313 0
xt_tcpmss 1401 0
xt_TCPMSS 2935 0
iptable_mangle 2881 0
iptable_filter 2322 0
xt_multiport 2267 0
xt_limit 1782 0
xt_dscp 1805 0
ipt_REJECT 1953 0
ip_tables 14107 2 iptable_mangle,iptable_filter
x_tables 13213 10 xt_tcpudp,xt_length,xt_hl,xt_tcpmss,xt_TCPMSS,xt_m ultiport,xt_limit,xt_dscp,ipt_REJECT,ip_tables
bridge 40774 0
stp 1440 1 bridge
nfs 244058 0
lockd 58772 1 nfs
fscache 29850 1 nfs
nfs_acl 2031 1 nfs
auth_rpcgss 33476 1 nfs
sunrpc 164669 5 nfs,lockd,nfs_acl,auth_rpcgss
parport_pc 18855 0
parport 27954 1 parport_pc
ac 2192 0
joydev 8475 0
i2c_piix4 8328 0
psmouse 49777 0
button 4682 0
evdev 7368 0
processor 29999 0
pcspkr 1699 0
serio_raw 3768 0
i2c_core 15712 1 i2c_piix4
ext3 106470 3
jbd 37053 1 ext3
mbcache 5050 1 ext3
usbhid 33308 0
hid 63273 1 usbhid
dm_mod 53786 9
sd_mod 29857 3
crc_t10dif 1276 1 sd_mod
ahci 32374 2
ohci_hcd 19228 0
libata 133568 1 ahci
thermal 11754 0
virtio_net 10513 0
ehci_hcd 31167 0
thermal_sys 11942 2 processor,thermal
scsi_mod 122181 2 sd_mod,libata
virtio_pci 5535 0
virtio_ring 3210 1 virtio_pci
virtio 3309 2 virtio_net,virtio_pci
usbcore 122194 4 usbhid,ohci_hcd,ehci_hcd
nls_base 6377 1 usbcore

** PCI devices:
00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 440FX - 82441FX PMC [Natoma] [8086:1237] (rev 02)
Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-

00:01.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton II] [8086:7000]
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
Latency: 0

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Graphics Adapter [80ee:beef] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
Latency: 0
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
Region 0: Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=16M]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]

00:03.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Red Hat, Inc Virtio network device [1af4:1000]
Subsystem: Red Hat, Inc Device [1af4:0001]
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
Latency: 0
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 19
Region 0: I/O ports at d000 [size=32]
Capabilities: [80] #00 [0000]
Kernel driver in use: virtio-pci

00:04.0 System peripheral [0880]: InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Guest Service [80ee:cafe]
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
Latency: 0
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9
Region 0: I/O ports at d020 [size=32]
Region 1: Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
Region 2: Memory at f0400000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=16K]

00:06.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Apple Computer Inc. KeyLargo/Intrepid USB [106b:003f] (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
Latency: 64
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 22
Region 0: Memory at f0404000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Kernel driver in use: ohci_hcd

00:07.0 Bridge [0680]: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI [8086:7113] (rev 08)
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
Latency: 0
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9

00:0d.0 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) SATA AHCI Controller [8086:2829] (rev 02) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
Latency: 64
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 21
Region 0: I/O ports at d040 [size=8]
Region 1: I/O ports at <ignored>
Region 2: I/O ports at d050 [size=8]
Region 3: I/O ports at <ignored>
Region 4: I/O ports at d060 [size=16]
Region 5: Memory at f0406000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 3
Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
Status: D0 NoSoftRst- PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=0 PME-
Kernel driver in use: ahci


** Sound cards:

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 6.0
APT prefers stable
APT policy: (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 depends on:
ii debconf [debconf-2.0] 1.5.36.1 Debian configuration management sy
ii initramfs-tools [linux-init 0.98.8 tools for generating an initramfs
ii linux-base 2.6.32-31 Linux image base package
ii module-init-tools 3.12-1 tools for managing Linux kernel mo
hi vzctl 3.0.24-1pve4 OpenVZ - server virtualization sol

Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 recommends:
pn firmware-linux-free <none> (no description available)

Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 suggests:
ii grub 0.97-64 GRand Unified Bootloader (dummy pa
pn linux-doc-2.6.32 <none> (no description available)

Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 is related to:
pn firmware-bnx2 <none> (no description available)
pn firmware-bnx2x <none> (no description available)
pn firmware-ipw2x00 <none> (no description available)
pn firmware-ivtv <none> (no description available)
pn firmware-iwlwifi <none> (no description available)
pn firmware-linux <none> (no description available)
pn firmware-linux-nonfree <none> (no description available)
pn firmware-qlogic <none> (no description available)
pn firmware-ralink <none> (no description available)
pn xen-hypervisor <none> (no description available)

-- debconf information excluded




--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110211134456.1765.80895.reportbug@vmmox.sprint-service.ru">http://lists.debian.org/20110211134456.1765.80895.reportbug@vmmox.sprint-service.ru
 
Old 02-11-2011, 02:33 PM
maximilian attems
 
Default Bug#612911: linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64: Deprecated CIFS module

reassign cifs-utils
retitle cifs-utils maybe broken on 2.6.32-30
stop

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 04:44:56PM +0300, Stanislav Klinkov wrote:
> Package: linux-2.6
> Version: 2.6.32-30
> Severity: important
>
> The package "linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64" is shipped with a deprecated version
> of the CIFS module ("cifs.ko"). So, userspace utilities such as "mount.cifs"
> become incompatible with old version of cifs.ko and refuse to work.
>
> For example, one can mount nothing via CIFS. Rolling back the packages
> "cifs-utils", "samba-common", "smbfs', etc down to Lenny or Lenny-backports
> bundles resolves the issue as a temporary workaround.

reassigning for you, the userspace is maybe at fault, the linux image
is setting the rules. please provide command output for what doesn't work
with squeeze cifs-utils? (and eventual strace)

> -- Package-specific info:
> ** Version:
> Linux version 2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 (Debian 2.6.32-30) (ben@decadent.org.uk) (gcc version 4.3.5 (Debian 4.3.5-4) ) #1 SMP Wed Jan 12 04:22:50 UTC 2011
>
> ** Command line:
> BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 root=/dev/mapper/pve-root ro elevator=noop elevator=noop
>
> ** Not tainted
>
> ** Kernel log:
> [ 0.731462] NET: Registered protocol family 10
> [ 0.733485] Mobile IPv6
> [ 0.734773] NET: Registered protocol family 17
> [ 0.736174] PM: Resume from disk failed.
> [ 0.736183] registered taskstats version 1
> [ 0.737687] rtc_cmos rtc_cmos: setting system clock to 2011-02-11 12:45:25 UTC (1297428325)
> [ 0.739748] Initalizing network drop monitor service
> [ 0.740962] Freeing unused kernel memory: 592k freed
> [ 0.743100] Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 4144k
> [ 1.321118] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
> [ 1.323699] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
> [ 1.331019] alloc irq_desc for 19 on node -1
> [ 1.331048] alloc kstat_irqs on node -1
> [ 1.331116] virtio-pci 0000:00:03.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 19 (level, low) -> IRQ 19
> [ 1.335636] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
> [ 1.362972] SCSI subsystem initialized
> [ 1.369334] ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
> [ 1.396113] ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
> [ 1.397485] alloc irq_desc for 22 on node -1
> [ 1.397485] alloc kstat_irqs on node -1
> [ 1.397485] ohci_hcd 0000:00:06.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 22 (level, low) -> IRQ 22
> [ 1.398628] ohci_hcd 0000:00:06.0: OHCI Host Controller
> [ 1.400015] ohci_hcd 0000:00:06.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
> [ 1.404766] libata version 3.00 loaded.
> [ 1.409576] ohci_hcd 0000:00:06.0: irq 22, io mem 0xf0404000
> [ 1.431952] usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0001
> [ 1.432033] usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
> [ 1.434672] usb usb1: Product: OHCI Host Controller
> [ 1.435951] usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 ohci_hcd
> [ 1.437321] usb usb1: SerialNumber: 0000:00:06.0
> [ 1.439427] usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> [ 1.440853] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
> [ 1.442013] hub 1-0:1.0: 8 ports detected
> [ 1.443442] ahci 0000:00:0d.0: version 3.0
> [ 1.443529] alloc irq_desc for 21 on node -1
> [ 1.443532] alloc kstat_irqs on node -1
> [ 1.443570] ahci 0000:00:0d.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 21 (level, low) -> IRQ 21
> [ 1.445364] ahci: SSS flag set, parallel bus scan disabled
> [ 1.448318] ahci 0000:00:0d.0: AHCI 0001.0100 32 slots 1 ports 3 Gbps 0x1 impl SATA mode
> [ 1.450361] ahci 0000:00:0d.0: flags: 64bit ncq stag only ccc
> [ 1.469660] scsi0 : ahci
> [ 1.471251] ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m8192@0xf0406000 port 0xf0406100 irq 21
> [ 1.792845] ata1: SATA link up 3.0 Gbps (SStatus 123 SControl 300)
> [ 1.794291] ata1.00: ATA-6: VBOX HARDDISK, 1.0, max UDMA/133
> [ 1.795521] ata1.00: 20971520 sectors, multi 128: LBA48 NCQ (depth 31/32)
> [ 1.797646] ata1.00: configured for UDMA/133
> [ 1.799123] scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access ATA VBOX HARDDISK 1.0 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
> [ 1.815209] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 20971520 512-byte logical blocks: (10.7 GB/10.0 GiB)
> [ 1.818080] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
> [ 1.819340] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 00 3a 00 00
> [ 1.819362] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
> [ 1.821937] sda: sda1 sda2
> [ 1.824076] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
> [ 1.848631] usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
> [ 2.006911] device-mapper: uevent: version 1.0.3
> [ 2.009189] device-mapper: ioctl: 4.15.0-ioctl (2009-04-01) initialised: dm-devel@redhat.com
> [ 2.124311] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=80ee, idProduct=0021
> [ 2.125707] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=3, SerialNumber=0
> [ 2.127150] usb 1-1: Product: USB Tablet
> [ 2.128157] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: VirtualBox
> [ 2.140214] usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> [ 2.204639] usbcore: registered new interface driver hiddev
> [ 2.222702] input: VirtualBox USB Tablet as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/input/input2
> [ 2.224822] generic-usb 0003:80EE:0021.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [VirtualBox USB Tablet] on usb-0000:00:06.0-1/input0
> [ 2.227787] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
> [ 2.229763] usbhid: v2.6:USB HID core driver
> [ 2.337002] kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
> [ 2.338350] EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
> [ 2.881904] udev[210]: starting version 164
> [ 3.363784] input: PC Speaker as /devices/platform/pcspkr/input/input3
> [ 3.449661] input: Power Button as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input4
> [ 3.451867] ACPI: Power Button [PWRF]
> [ 3.482383] piix4_smbus 0000:00:07.0: SMBus base address uninitialized - upgrade BIOS or use force_addr=0xaddr
> [ 3.572389] input: Sleep Button as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSLPBN:00/input/input5
> [ 3.574497] ACPI: Sleep Button [SLPF]
> [ 3.575894] processor LNXCPU:00: registered as cooling_device0
> [ 3.598862] input: ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse as /devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input6
> [ 3.675877] ACPI: AC Adapter [AC] (on-line)
> [ 3.908720] parport_pc 00:04: reported by Plug and Play ACPI
> [ 4.663318] EXT3 FS on dm-0, internal journal
> [ 5.113253] RPC: Registered udp transport module.
> [ 5.114743] RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
> [ 5.115928] RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.
> [ 5.227364] Slow work thread pool: Starting up
> [ 5.241082] Slow work thread pool: Ready
> [ 5.243341] FS-Cache: Loaded
> [ 5.361733] FS-Cache: Netfs 'nfs' registered for caching
> [ 6.372846] Adding 1310712k swap on /dev/mapper/pve-swap. Priority:-1 extents:1 across:1310712k
> [ 6.562513] kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
> [ 6.564919] EXT3 FS on dm-2, internal journal
> [ 6.566314] EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
> [ 6.568832] kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
> [ 6.570162] EXT3 FS on sda1, internal journal
> [ 6.571550] EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
> [ 7.627126] Bridge firewalling registered
> [ 7.739697] device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
> [ 7.781377] vmbr0: port 1(eth0) entering forwarding state
> [ 17.824333] ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
> [ 18.016469] vmbr0: no IPv6 routers present
> [ 18.516033] eth0: no IPv6 routers present
>
> ** Model information
> sys_vendor: innotek GmbH
> product_name: VirtualBox
> product_version: 1.2
> bios_vendor: innotek GmbH
> bios_version: VirtualBox
>
> ** Loaded modules:
> Module Size Used by
> vzethdev 7301 0
> vznetdev 17967 0
> simfs 3087 0
> vzrst 110318 0
> vzcpt 97042 0
> vzdquota 35158 0 [permanent]
> vzmon 16317 4 vzethdev,vznetdev,vzrst,vzcpt
> vzdev 1824 4 vzethdev,vznetdev,vzdquota,vzmon
> xt_tcpudp 2319 0
> xt_length 1164 0
> xt_hl 1313 0
> xt_tcpmss 1401 0
> xt_TCPMSS 2935 0
> iptable_mangle 2881 0
> iptable_filter 2322 0
> xt_multiport 2267 0
> xt_limit 1782 0
> xt_dscp 1805 0
> ipt_REJECT 1953 0
> ip_tables 14107 2 iptable_mangle,iptable_filter
> x_tables 13213 10 xt_tcpudp,xt_length,xt_hl,xt_tcpmss,xt_TCPMSS,xt_m ultiport,xt_limit,xt_dscp,ipt_REJECT,ip_tables
> bridge 40774 0
> stp 1440 1 bridge
> nfs 244058 0
> lockd 58772 1 nfs
> fscache 29850 1 nfs
> nfs_acl 2031 1 nfs
> auth_rpcgss 33476 1 nfs
> sunrpc 164669 5 nfs,lockd,nfs_acl,auth_rpcgss
> parport_pc 18855 0
> parport 27954 1 parport_pc
> ac 2192 0
> joydev 8475 0
> i2c_piix4 8328 0
> psmouse 49777 0
> button 4682 0
> evdev 7368 0
> processor 29999 0
> pcspkr 1699 0
> serio_raw 3768 0
> i2c_core 15712 1 i2c_piix4
> ext3 106470 3
> jbd 37053 1 ext3
> mbcache 5050 1 ext3
> usbhid 33308 0
> hid 63273 1 usbhid
> dm_mod 53786 9
> sd_mod 29857 3
> crc_t10dif 1276 1 sd_mod
> ahci 32374 2
> ohci_hcd 19228 0
> libata 133568 1 ahci
> thermal 11754 0
> virtio_net 10513 0
> ehci_hcd 31167 0
> thermal_sys 11942 2 processor,thermal
> scsi_mod 122181 2 sd_mod,libata
> virtio_pci 5535 0
> virtio_ring 3210 1 virtio_pci
> virtio 3309 2 virtio_net,virtio_pci
> usbcore 122194 4 usbhid,ohci_hcd,ehci_hcd
> nls_base 6377 1 usbcore
>
> ** PCI devices:
> 00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 440FX - 82441FX PMC [Natoma] [8086:1237] (rev 02)
> Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
> Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
>
> 00:01.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton II] [8086:7000]
> Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
> Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
> Latency: 0
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Graphics Adapter [80ee:beef] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
> Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
> Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
> Latency: 0
> Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
> Region 0: Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=16M]
> Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
>
> 00:03.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Red Hat, Inc Virtio network device [1af4:1000]
> Subsystem: Red Hat, Inc Device [1af4:0001]
> Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
> Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
> Latency: 0
> Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 19
> Region 0: I/O ports at d000 [size=32]
> Capabilities: [80] #00 [0000]
> Kernel driver in use: virtio-pci
>
> 00:04.0 System peripheral [0880]: InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Guest Service [80ee:cafe]
> Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
> Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
> Latency: 0
> Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9
> Region 0: I/O ports at d020 [size=32]
> Region 1: Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
> Region 2: Memory at f0400000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=16K]
>
> 00:06.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Apple Computer Inc. KeyLargo/Intrepid USB [106b:003f] (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
> Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
> Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
> Latency: 64
> Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 22
> Region 0: Memory at f0404000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> Kernel driver in use: ohci_hcd
>
> 00:07.0 Bridge [0680]: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI [8086:7113] (rev 08)
> Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
> Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
> Latency: 0
> Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9
>
> 00:0d.0 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) SATA AHCI Controller [8086:2829] (rev 02) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
> Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
> Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
> Latency: 64
> Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 21
> Region 0: I/O ports at d040 [size=8]
> Region 1: I/O ports at <ignored>
> Region 2: I/O ports at d050 [size=8]
> Region 3: I/O ports at <ignored>
> Region 4: I/O ports at d060 [size=16]
> Region 5: Memory at f0406000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
> Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 3
> Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
> Status: D0 NoSoftRst- PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=0 PME-
> Kernel driver in use: ahci
>
>
> ** Sound cards:
>
> -- System Information:
> Debian Release: 6.0
> APT prefers stable
> APT policy: (500, 'stable')
> Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
>
> Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
> Locale: LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
> Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
>
> Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 depends on:
> ii debconf [debconf-2.0] 1.5.36.1 Debian configuration management sy
> ii initramfs-tools [linux-init 0.98.8 tools for generating an initramfs
> ii linux-base 2.6.32-31 Linux image base package
> ii module-init-tools 3.12-1 tools for managing Linux kernel mo
> hi vzctl 3.0.24-1pve4 OpenVZ - server virtualization sol
>
> Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 recommends:
> pn firmware-linux-free <none> (no description available)
>
> Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 suggests:
> ii grub 0.97-64 GRand Unified Bootloader (dummy pa
> pn linux-doc-2.6.32 <none> (no description available)
>
> Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 is related to:
> pn firmware-bnx2 <none> (no description available)
> pn firmware-bnx2x <none> (no description available)
> pn firmware-ipw2x00 <none> (no description available)
> pn firmware-ivtv <none> (no description available)
> pn firmware-iwlwifi <none> (no description available)
> pn firmware-linux <none> (no description available)
> pn firmware-linux-nonfree <none> (no description available)
> pn firmware-qlogic <none> (no description available)
> pn firmware-ralink <none> (no description available)
> pn xen-hypervisor <none> (no description available)
>
> -- debconf information excluded
>
>
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20110211134456.1765.80895.reportbug@vmmox.sprint-service.ru
>



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110211153308.GH5862@vostochny.stro.at">http://lists.debian.org/20110211153308.GH5862@vostochny.stro.at
 
Old 02-11-2011, 09:21 PM
maximilian attems
 
Default Bug#612911: linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64: Deprecated CIFS module

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 09:30:12PM +0300, Станислав wrote:
> > reassigning for you, the userspace is maybe at fault, the linux image
> > is setting the rules. please provide command output for what doesn't work
> > with squeeze cifs-utils? (and eventual strace)
>
> No! The userspace works fine! The vanilla 2.6.32-5 kernel package works fine
> with Squeeze "cifs-utils" too. The problem is in the very PACKAGE
> "linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64", NOT in KERNEL itself. And the problem is
> hidden in the very OpenVZ modification of the kernel. The vanilla package is
> shipped with the right "cifs.ko" module, and the OpenVZ modification of the
> same package is shipped with the deprecated version of this module. What is
> unclear?

dude that is not the way to producively file bugs, post the error you
are seeing at least, thank you.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110211222118.GI5862@vostochny.stro.at">http://lists.debian.org/20110211222118.GI5862@vostochny.stro.at
 
Old 02-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Stanislav
 
Default Bug#612911: linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64: Deprecated CIFS module

12.02.2011 01:21, maximilian attems wrote:
> dude that is not the way to producively file bugs, post the error you
> are seeing at least, thank you.

I don't understand you, my respected associate.
I have beleived that you had reproduced and approved my report:

10.02.2011 20:36, maximilian attems wrote:
> yes please use reportbug if possible, it tells the maintainer already
> some relevant info. Apparently drbd-tools have the same mistake.
> wonder how that is possible with such a long freeze.

And now you pretend being uninformed we're talking about.
OK, if you insist, I provide details.

************************************************** *********

-= Situation 1. =-
Installing package "linux-image-2.6.32-5-amd64" and booting
into 2.6.32-5 vanilla kernel (Everything is OK).

vmmox:~# cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/Linux 6.0
l

vmmox:~# uname -r
2.6.32-5-amd64

vmmox:~# stat /lib/modules/2.6.32-5-amd64/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko
File: `/lib/modules/2.6.32-5-amd64/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko'
Size: 427672 Blocks: 848 IO Block: 4096 regular file
Device: fe00h/65024d Inode: 122923 Links: 1
Access: (0644/-rw-r--r--) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 0/ root)
Access: 2011-02-13 14:55:59.000000000 +0300
Modify: 2011-01-12 08:54:12.000000000 +0300
Change: 2011-02-13 14:55:57.000000000 +0300

vmmox:~# md5sum /lib/modules/2.6.32-5-amd64/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko
860eb9a71136d35105764c5d0fde9d2f
/lib/modules/2.6.32-5-amd64/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko

vmmox:~# mount.cifs //192.168.22.61/shared /mnt/smb -o user=user,pass=123
vmmox:~# echo $?
0

vmmox:~# umount /mnt/smb
vmmox:~# echo $?
0

vmmox:~# strace mount.cifs //192.168.22.61/shared /mnt/smb -o
user=user,pass=123
execve("/sbin/mount.cifs", ["mount.cifs", "//192.168.22.61/shared",
"/mnt/smb", "-o", "user=user,pass=123"], [/* 16 vars */]) = 0
brk(0) = 0x1b5f000
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
mmap(NULL, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
= 0x7ffd0870e000
access("/etc/ld.so.preload", R_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("/etc/ld.so.cache", O_RDONLY) = 3
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=23085, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 23085, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0) = 0x7ffd08708000
close(3) = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("/lib/libcap.so.2", O_RDONLY) = 3
read(3,
"177ELF2113>126024"...,
832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=16640, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 2111936, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3,
0) = 0x7ffd082ef000
mprotect(0x7ffd082f3000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7ffd084f2000, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x3000) = 0x7ffd084f2000
close(3) = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("/lib/libc.so.6", O_RDONLY) = 3
read(3,
"177ELF2113>1`3551"...,
832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=1432968, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 3541032, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3,
0) = 0x7ffd07f8e000
mprotect(0x7ffd080e6000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7ffd082e5000, 20480, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x157000) = 0x7ffd082e5000
mmap(0x7ffd082ea000, 18472, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7ffd082ea000
close(3) = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("/lib/libattr.so.1", O_RDONLY) = 3
read(3,
"177ELF2113>1p24"...,
832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=17608, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
= 0x7ffd08707000
mmap(NULL, 2112752, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3,
0) = 0x7ffd07d8a000
mprotect(0x7ffd07d8e000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7ffd07f8d000, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x3000) = 0x7ffd07f8d000
close(3) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
= 0x7ffd08706000
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
= 0x7ffd08705000
arch_prctl(ARCH_SET_FS, 0x7ffd08706700) = 0
mprotect(0x7ffd082e5000, 16384, PROT_READ) = 0
mprotect(0x7ffd08710000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
munmap(0x7ffd08708000, 23085) = 0
geteuid() = 0
brk(0) = 0x1b5f000
brk(0x1b80000) = 0x1b80000
capget(0x20080522, 0, NULL) = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
capget(0x20080522, 0,
{CAP_CHOWN|CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CA P_FOWNER|CAP_FSETID|CAP_KILL|CAP_SETGID|CAP_SETUID |CAP_SETPCAP|CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE|CAP_NET_BIND_SERV ICE|CAP_NET_BROADCAST|CAP_NET_ADMIN|CAP_NET_RAW|CA P_IPC_LOCK|CAP_IPC_OWNER|CAP_SYS_MODULE|CAP_SYS_RA WIO|CAP_SYS_CHROOT|CAP_SYS_PTRACE|CAP_SYS_PACCT|CA P_SYS_ADMIN|CAP_SYS_BOOT|CAP_SYS_NICE|CAP_SYS_RESO URCE|CAP_SYS_TIME|CAP_SYS_TTY_CONFIG|CAP_MKNOD|CAP _LEASE|CAP_AUDIT_WRITE|CAP_AUDIT_CONTROL|CAP_SETFC AP,
CAP_CHOWN|CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP _FOWNER|CAP_FSETID|CAP_KILL|CAP_SETGID|CAP_SETUID| CAP_SETPCAP|CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE|CAP_NET_BIND_SERVI CE|CAP_NET_BROADCAST|CAP_NET_ADMIN|CAP_NET_RAW|CAP _IPC_LOCK|CAP_IPC_OWNER|CAP_SYS_MODULE|CAP_SYS_RAW IO|CAP_SYS_CHROOT|CAP_SYS_PTRACE|CAP_SYS_PACCT|CAP _SYS_ADMIN|CAP_SYS_BOOT|CAP_SYS_NICE|CAP_SYS_RESOU RCE|CAP_SYS_TIME|CAP_SYS_TTY_CONFIG|CAP_MKNOD|CAP_ LEASE|CAP_AUDIT_WRITE|CAP_AUDIT_CONTROL|CAP_SETFCA P,
0}) = 0
capset(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 10464, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
= 0x7ffd0870b000
getuid() = 0
capget(0x20080522, 0, NULL) = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
capget(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
capset(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
chdir("/mnt/smb") = 0
getcwd("/mnt/smb", 4096) = 9
getuid() = 0
capget(0x20080522, 0, NULL) = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
capget(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
capset(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
clone(child_stack=0,
flags=CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID|CLONE_CHILD_SETTID|SIGC HLD,
child_tidptr=0x7ffd087069d0) = 1127
wait4(-1, [{WIFEXITED(s) && WEXITSTATUS(s) == 0}], 0, NULL) = 1127
--- SIGCHLD (Child exited) @ 0 (0) ---
mount("//192.168.22.61/shared/", ".", "cifs", MS_MANDLOCK,
"ip=192.168.22.61,unc=\192.168.2"...) = 0
getuid() = 0
geteuid() = 0
setreuid(0, 4294967295) = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, ~[RTMIN RT_1], [], 8) = 0
getuid() = 0
capget(0x20080522, 0, NULL) = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
capget(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
capset(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGHUP, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGINT, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGQUIT, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGILL, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGTRAP, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGABRT, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGBUS, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGFPE, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGKILL, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
rt_sigaction(SIGUSR1, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGSEGV, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGUSR2, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGALRM, {0x404f50, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGTERM, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGSTKFLT, {0x405260, ~[RTMIN RT_1], SA_RESTORER,
0x7ffd07fc01e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
getpid() = 1126
open("/etc/mtab~1126", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT, 0600) = 3
close(3) = 0
link("/etc/mtab~1126", "/etc/mtab~") = 0
open("/etc/mtab~", O_WRONLY) = 3
fcntl(3, F_SETLK, {type=F_WRLCK, whence=SEEK_SET, start=0, len=0}) = 0
unlink("/etc/mtab~1126") = 0
open("/etc/mtab", O_RDWR|O_CREAT|O_APPEND, 0666) = 4
fstat(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=395, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
= 0x7ffd0870a000
fstat(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=395, ...}) = 0
lseek(4, 0, SEEK_SET) = 0
read(4, "/dev/mapper/pve-root / ext3 rw,e"..., 395) = 395
write(4, "//192.168.22.61/shared/ /mnt/smb"..., 50) = 50
close(4) = 0
munmap(0x7ffd0870a000, 4096) = 0
close(3) = 0
unlink("/etc/mtab~") = 0
getuid() = 0
capget(0x20080522, 0, NULL) = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
capget(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
capset(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, [], NULL, 8) = 0
munmap(0x7ffd0870b000, 10464) = 0
exit_group(0) = ?


************************************************** ****************

-= Situation 2. =-
Installing package "linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64" and booting
into 2.6.32-5-openvz kernel. (mount.cifs returns error)

vmmox:~# cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/Linux 6.0
l

vmmox:~# uname -r
2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64

vmmox:~# stat /lib/modules/2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko
File: `/lib/modules/2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko'
Size: 429464 Blocks: 848 IO Block: 4096 regular file
Device: fe00h/65024d Inode: 95145 Links: 1
Access: (0644/-rw-r--r--) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 0/ root)
Access: 2011-02-11 15:43:55.000000000 +0300
Modify: 2011-01-12 09:02:03.000000000 +0300
Change: 2011-02-11 15:43:54.000000000 +0300

vmmox:~# md5sum /lib/modules/2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko
d9bbaef12d6d63b09094818688901870
/lib/modules/2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko

vmmox:~# mount.cifs //192.168.22.61/shared /mnt/smb -o user=user,pass=123
mount error(1): Operation not permitted
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

vmmox:~# strace mount.cifs //192.168.22.61/shared /mnt/smb -o
user=user,pass=123
execve("/sbin/mount.cifs", ["mount.cifs", "//192.168.22.61/shared",
"/mnt/smb", "-o", "user=user,pass=123"], [/* 16 vars */]) = 0
brk(0) = 0xe93000
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
mmap(NULL, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
= 0x7f615d634000
access("/etc/ld.so.preload", R_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("/etc/ld.so.cache", O_RDONLY) = 3
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=23085, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 23085, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0) = 0x7f615d62e000
close(3) = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("/lib/libcap.so.2", O_RDONLY) = 3
read(3,
"177ELF2113>126024"...,
832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=16640, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 2111936, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3,
0) = 0x7f615d215000
mprotect(0x7f615d219000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f615d418000, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x3000) = 0x7f615d418000
close(3) = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("/lib/libc.so.6", O_RDONLY) = 3
read(3,
"177ELF2113>1`3551"...,
832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=1432968, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 3541032, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3,
0) = 0x7f615ceb4000
mprotect(0x7f615d00c000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f615d20b000, 20480, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x157000) = 0x7f615d20b000
mmap(0x7f615d210000, 18472, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7f615d210000
close(3) = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("/lib/libattr.so.1", O_RDONLY) = 3
read(3,
"177ELF2113>1p24"...,
832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=17608, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
= 0x7f615d62d000
mmap(NULL, 2112752, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3,
0) = 0x7f615ccb0000
mprotect(0x7f615ccb4000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f615ceb3000, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x3000) = 0x7f615ceb3000
close(3) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
= 0x7f615d62c000
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
= 0x7f615d62b000
arch_prctl(ARCH_SET_FS, 0x7f615d62c700) = 0
mprotect(0x7f615d20b000, 16384, PROT_READ) = 0
mprotect(0x7f615d636000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
munmap(0x7f615d62e000, 23085) = 0
geteuid() = 0
brk(0) = 0xe93000
brk(0xeb4000) = 0xeb4000
capget(0x20080522, 0, NULL) = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
capget(0x20080522, 0,
{CAP_CHOWN|CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CA P_FOWNER|CAP_FSETID|CAP_KILL|CAP_SETGID|CAP_SETUID |CAP_SETPCAP|CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE|CAP_NET_BIND_SERV ICE|CAP_NET_BROADCAST|CAP_NET_ADMIN|CAP_NET_RAW|CA P_IPC_LOCK|CAP_IPC_OWNER|CAP_SYS_MODULE|CAP_SYS_RA WIO|CAP_SYS_CHROOT|CAP_SYS_PTRACE|CAP_SYS_PACCT|CA P_SYS_ADMIN|CAP_SYS_BOOT|CAP_SYS_NICE|CAP_SYS_RESO URCE|CAP_SYS_TIME|CAP_SYS_TTY_CONFIG|CAP_MKNOD|CAP _LEASE|CAP_AUDIT_WRITE|CAP_AUDIT_CONTROL|CAP_SETFC AP,
CAP_CHOWN|CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP _FOWNER|CAP_FSETID|CAP_KILL|CAP_SETGID|CAP_SETUID| CAP_SETPCAP|CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE|CAP_NET_BIND_SERVI CE|CAP_NET_BROADCAST|CAP_NET_ADMIN|CAP_NET_RAW|CAP _IPC_LOCK|CAP_IPC_OWNER|CAP_SYS_MODULE|CAP_SYS_RAW IO|CAP_SYS_CHROOT|CAP_SYS_PTRACE|CAP_SYS_PACCT|CAP _SYS_ADMIN|CAP_SYS_BOOT|CAP_SYS_NICE|CAP_SYS_RESOU RCE|CAP_SYS_TIME|CAP_SYS_TTY_CONFIG|CAP_MKNOD|CAP_ LEASE|CAP_AUDIT_WRITE|CAP_AUDIT_CONTROL|CAP_SETFCA P,
0}) = 0
capset(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 10464, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
= 0x7f615d631000
getuid() = 0
capget(0x20080522, 0, NULL) = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
capget(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
capset(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
chdir("/mnt/smb") = 0
getcwd("/mnt/smb", 4096) = 9
getuid() = 0
capget(0x20080522, 0, NULL) = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
capget(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
capset(0x20080522, 0, {CAP_SYS_ADMIN,
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE|CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH|CAP_SYS_ADMIN , 0}) = 0
clone(child_stack=0,
flags=CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID|CLONE_CHILD_SETTID|SIGC HLD,
child_tidptr=0x7f615d62c9d0) = 1396
wait4(-1, [{WIFEXITED(s) && WEXITSTATUS(s) == 0}], 0, NULL) = 1396
--- SIGCHLD (Child exited) @ 0 (0) ---
mount("//192.168.22.61/shared/", ".", "cifs", MS_MANDLOCK,
"ip=192.168.22.61,unc=\192.168.2"...) = -1 EPERM (Operation not
permitted)
write(2, "mount error(1): Operation not pe"..., 40mount error(1):
Operation not permitted
) = 40
write(2, "Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manua"..., 61Refer to the
mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
) = 61
munmap(0x7f615d631000, 10464) = 0
exit_group(32) = ?

************************************************** ********************



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4D57C8D7.8010403@yandex.ru">http://lists.debian.org/4D57C8D7.8010403@yandex.ru
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:16 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org