-   Debian Kernel (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kernel/)
-   -   Prevent post-install md resync (#604614) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kernel/486714-prevent-post-install-md-resync-604614-a.html)

David Lehman 02-08-2011 05:54 PM

Prevent post-install md resync (#604614)

This is all to prevent resync on first boot on intel fwraid mirrors
after doing CD/DVD/NFS installs. It may also be needed when using boot.iso.

The good part is that it means we handle the stage2 image the same for
all media types, which is what we should be doing anyway. The bad part is
that it means we require an additional 128M of RAM for CD/DVD/NFS installs.

David Cantrell 02-08-2011 08:07 PM

Prevent post-install md resync (#604614)

This is all to prevent resync on first boot on intel fwraid mirrors
after doing CD/DVD/NFS installs. It may also be needed when using boot.iso.

The good part is that it means we handle the stage2 image the same for
all media types, which is what we should be doing anyway. The bad part is
that it means we require an additional 128M of RAM for CD/DVD/NFS installs.

Ack to all 7.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@redhat.com>
Supervisor, Installer Engineering Team