Old 11-11-2010, 01:23 PM
maximilian attems

Default draft d-d-a Paris meeting

The Debian kernel Team met in Paris during the Paris mini-Debconf,
as we did last year in Portland at Linux Plumbers 2009.

A short summary of this productive meeting is:

* No virtualisation feature images for Wheezy:
KVM, Linux Containers and Xen are all to be in default linux-2.6.

* We decided to finaly use git immediately after the Squeeze release.

* `make deb-pkg' sees further uptake and will see further enhancements.

* We appeal for an interested maintainer to have RT images in Debian.

* External intrusive patches such as Fedora's NX emulation are directed
to go upstream.

* No second LSM module without built in cost reduction.

* Investigation of automated testing: There is a need for a Debian
infrastructure for automatic linux-2.6 build and boot testing.

* Work needed for better d-i (Debian Installer) linux-2.6 module generation.

* Work needed to debloat current full image to a sensible default.

* initramfs-tools has stable MODULES=dep for squeeze.
klibc ipconfig has fixes for large cluster netbooting.

* Allmost all of Debian patches are upstream in 2.6.37.
Only minor stuff needs upstreaming.

The long story can be found here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2010/11/msg00215.html

happy hacking