Old 11-10-2010, 06:54 AM
Timo Juhani Lindfors

Default remove debian/linux-support-* on clean

Hi,

it seems that if I debuild the linux-2.6 package multiple times in a
row and increment the version number it does not remove the old
debian/linux-support-* directories.

Is there some reason why it is not removed on clean? If not, would the
attached patch be ok?

Old 11-15-2010, 03:26 AM
Ben Hutchings

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 09:54 +0200, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems that if I debuild the linux-2.6 package multiple times in a
> row and increment the version number it does not remove the old
> debian/linux-support-* directories.
>
> Is there some reason why it is not removed on clean? If not, would the
> attached patch be ok?

There is no particular reason not to do this.

However, the same applies to several other package names that change
with the upstream version number: linux-source-<version>,
linux-doc-<version>, linux-manual-<version> and
linux-patch-debian-<version>. I think perhaps we should remove those
with wildcards as well.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings

Old 11-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Timo Juhani Lindfors

Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:
> However, the same applies to several other package names that change
> with the upstream version number: linux-source-<version>,
> linux-doc-<version>, linux-manual-<version> and
> linux-patch-debian-<version>. I think perhaps we should remove those
> with wildcards as well.

Sure, should I send a new patch or is it easier for you to just edit
the file and commit?

(I didn't notice those other cases since I only build -image, -headers
and -dbg).

Old 11-18-2010, 03:26 AM
Ben Hutchings

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 12:55 +0200, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:
> > However, the same applies to several other package names that change
> > with the upstream version number: linux-source-<version>,
> > linux-doc-<version>, linux-manual-<version> and
> > linux-patch-debian-<version>. I think perhaps we should remove those
> > with wildcards as well.
>
> Sure, should I send a new patch or is it easier for you to just edit
> the file and commit?
>
> (I didn't notice those other cases since I only build -image, -headers
> and -dbg).

Please send a new patch.

Ben.

--