Old 02-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Otavio Salvador

Default Beta1 missing decisions and possible timeline

Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> writes:

> Given we're doing a beta based on 2.6.22 now, how quickly could we get
> another beta based on 2.6.24 out? Can you be done relatively quickly
> after the beta based on 2.6.22?

I guess we can.

d-i itself isn't receiving deeply changes latelly (except latest Frans
partman improvements but that has been very well test by him, as
usual) and other minor things. I guess we could do another in begin of
April or so, dunno for sure.

> Another solution would be to backport Orion support from 2.6.25 to
> 2.6.24.

Do you know how difficult would be to do that?

--
O T A V I O S A L V A D O R
E-mail: otavio@debian.org UIN: 5906116

Old 02-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Martin Michlmayr

* Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> [2008-02-05 16:43]:
> d-i itself isn't receiving deeply changes latelly (except latest Frans
> partman improvements but that has been very well test by him, as
> usual) and other minor things. I guess we could do another in begin of
> April or so, dunno for sure.

I think it would be good to make the 2.6.24 based release soon after
the one based on 2.6.22; beginning of April sounds fine.

> > Another solution would be to backport Orion support from 2.6.25 to
> > 2.6.24.
> Do you know how difficult would be to do that?

Shouldn't be too hard but I haven't looked into it yet.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/