Old 01-31-2008, 01:49 PM
"Will Star"

Default why aren't linux-latest packages updated yet in Sid?

They still depend on linux-image-2.6.22-x which don't even exist in
Sid anymore. By simply updating this dependency you would make a lot
more people aware of availability of new kernels. This expands the
userbase of testers, which in turn causes bugs to be fixed more
swiftly, which is what we would all like, no?

Old 01-31-2008, 02:00 PM
maximilian attems

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 03:49:44PM +0100, Will Star wrote:
> They still depend on linux-image-2.6.22-x which don't even exist in
> Sid anymore. By simply updating this dependency you would make a lot
> more people aware of availability of new kernels. This expands the
> userbase of testers, which in turn causes bugs to be fixed more
> swiftly, which is what we would all like, no?

will be tomorrow, just be a bit patient.

2.6.23 wasn't the release we had it expected to be.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Daniel Baumann

Will Star wrote:
> They still depend on linux-image-2.6.22-x which don't even exist in
> Sid anymore. By simply updating this dependency you would make a lot
> more people aware of availability of new kernels. This expands the
> userbase of testers, which in turn causes bugs to be fixed more
> swiftly, which is what we would all like, no?

just yesterday evening, the last package of 2.6.24 left NEW and hit sid;
can you please be a bit more patient?

--
Address: Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
Email: daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net

Old 01-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Steve Langasek

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 04:09:57PM +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Will Star wrote:
> > They still depend on linux-image-2.6.22-x which don't even exist in
> > Sid anymore. By simply updating this dependency you would make a lot
> > more people aware of availability of new kernels. This expands the
> > userbase of testers, which in turn causes bugs to be fixed more
> > swiftly, which is what we would all like, no?

> just yesterday evening, the last package of 2.6.24 left NEW and hit sid;
> can you please be a bit more patient?

Which means that linux-latest was never updated at all for the 2.6.23 series
in unstable. Why?

Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/
slangasek@ubuntu.com vorlon@debian.org

Old 01-31-2008, 03:10 PM
maximilian attems

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 07:25:04AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Which means that linux-latest was never updated at all for the 2.6.23 series
> in unstable. Why?

there is no 2.6.23 left in sid.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Steve Langasek

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 05:10:42PM +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 07:25:04AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Which means that linux-latest was never updated at all for the 2.6.23 series
> > in unstable. Why?

> there is no 2.6.23 left in sid.

Duh.

I asked why it *wasn't* updated.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
maximilian attems

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Duh.
>
> I asked why it *wasn't* updated.

you seem to have overread my response,
2.6.23 wasn't as good and stable.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:09 PM
maximilian attems

[ pls keep ml on cc, cool thanks ]

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008, Sheridan Hutchinson wrote:

> I know you kernel guys are very busy so I'll keep this brief.
>
> When do you think 2.6.24 might make a splash landing into testing?

it installs fine in testing.
plan is to push it in the next 2 weeks.

bon weekend + regards

--