Old 09-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Thomas Lecomte

Default Building an OpenVZ-enabled kernel

Hello,

I would like to recompile a debian kernel with OpenVZ enabled.
However, the linux-source-2.6.32 package does not seem to come with
OpenVZ patches applied.
I have tried applying the official OpenVZ patches, but it fails,
probably because the kernel is already debian-patched and not vanilla.

As the kernel-patch-openvz package doesn't exist anymore, how can I do
to compile a kernel like you do when you generate the linux-
image-2.6.32-*-openvz-686 ?

Thanks!

--
Thomas Lecomte

Old 09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Ben Hutchings

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 02:39:25PM +0200, Thomas Lecomte wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to recompile a debian kernel with OpenVZ enabled. However,
> the linux-source-2.6.32 package does not seem to come with OpenVZ patches
> applied.
> I have tried applying the official OpenVZ patches, but it fails,
> probably because the kernel is already debian-patched and not vanilla.
>
> As the kernel-patch-openvz package doesn't exist anymore, how can I do
> to compile a kernel like you do when you generate the linux-
> image-2.6.32-*-openvz-686 ?

See the instructions in <http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org>.

Ben.

--