Old 09-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Aurélien DESBRIÈRES

Default Libre Kernel .deb -- Looks for a Mentor

Hi,

I have made .deb of the libre kernel 2.6.35.4 from fsfla.org
You can find them at :: http://www.fscorsica.org/kernel-en.html

I have tried to respect the maint-guide debian to create them.
To offer a free way staying under debian.

As the libre kernel source from fsfla.org need a receipe to be well
compiled i've create this page too to help people to made it bye
themself :: http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Libre_Kernel_Group

At this point I'm looking for a mentor, to progress and make thinks as
correct as possible.

Have a Happy Hacking Day!

Aurélien DESBRIÈRES
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/User:Aurelien
Freedom is not just a word, it's a duty.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Ben Hutchings

On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 10:56 +0200, Aurélien DESBRIÈRES wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have made .deb of the libre kernel 2.6.35.4 from fsfla.org
> You can find them at :: http://www.fscorsica.org/kernel-en.html
>
> I have tried to respect the maint-guide debian to create them.
> To offer a free way staying under debian.
>
> As the libre kernel source from fsfla.org need a receipe to be well
> compiled i've create this page too to help people to made it bye
> themself :: http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Libre_Kernel_Group
>
> At this point I'm looking for a mentor, to progress and make thinks as
> correct as possible.

The Debian Linux kernel package is already free, according to the DFSG.
There is no need for a seperate package.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings