Old 09-17-2010, 03:15 PM
"Hank J. van Leuvensteijn"

Default Kernels after 2.6.18-6 hang up on ACER Aspire with Athlon X2

Hello,

I've tried to find info on this problem, but don't know where to go. I
need some help.

I also don't know where else to ask this question, if there is a better
place, please excuse my ignorance and point me there.

My Aspire (desktop) with Athlon X2 4800+ hangs on boot after bringing up
the second processor on all kernels newer than 2.6.18-6 whereas 2.6.18-6
works fine, both processors up and sharing load etc.

I don't know what other info you need to help me, so I would also very
much appreciate some pointers there.

Thank you very much,

Hank J. van Leuvensteijn.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Ben Hutchings

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 09:15 -0600, Hank J. van Leuvensteijn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried to find info on this problem, but don't know where to go. I
> need some help.
>
> I also don't know where else to ask this question, if there is a better
> place, please excuse my ignorance and point me there.

> My Aspire (desktop) with Athlon X2 4800+ hangs on boot after bringing up
> the second processor on all kernels newer than 2.6.18-6 whereas 2.6.18-6
> works fine, both processors up and sharing load etc.

2.6.18-6 surely isn't the real version; look in /proc/version.

> I don't know what other info you need to help me, so I would also very
> much appreciate some pointers there.

Run 'reportbug' to send a bug report. The package name will begin with
'linux-image-' followed by the upstream version number.

Please specify which newer versions you have tried.

Also attach a photo showing the last boot messages.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings