Old 07-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Bastian Blank

Default How to add new platform flavours to linux-2.6 source code package?

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 12:02:01AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 23:01 +0200, Gerhard Pircher wrote:
> > 2. 'image-file' keyword:
> > Does this keyword also affect the kernel image makefile target?
> No, it specifies the file to look at when checking that the kernel image
> size is not too large.

Well, I wanted to use it for both, but did not get around to finally
implement it. It makes no sense to have the same information in two
places.

Bastian

--
But Captain -- the engines can't take this much longer!

Old 07-28-2010, 07:32 AM
Bastian Blank

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:01:20PM +0200, Gerhard Pircher wrote:
> > book3s-amigaone
> > 44x-sam440ep
>
> 3. 'configs' keyword:
> Contrary to my expectations I had add 'configs' entries for my
> flavours, whereas the normal powerpc and powerpc64 flavours don't need
> it. Why can't the build system find my config.book3s-amigaone and
> config.44x-sam440ep files automatically?

Well, it should and will error out if it does not. What is the exact
error? Are you sure you did not write weird characters into the names?

> One last thing: the device tree source would need to be included in
> the kernel package to create the cuImage file with the bootwrapper,
> the device tree blob and the zImage (and the initrd), when the kernel
> is installed or the initrd image is (re)generated. The device tree
> sources are included in the Lenny powerpc kernel packages, but
> disappeared from the Squeeze and Sid ones (the bootwrapper object
> files are still there however).
> Does anybody know why this happened and if it is possbile to include
> the DT sources again? Should I file a bug report?

arch/powerpc/boot/dts?

> PS: Please put me on CC:, as I'm not (yet) subscribed to this mailing
> list.

Please use a MUA that supports Mail-Followup-To.

Bastian

--
Beam me up, Scotty! It ate my phaser!