Old 06-08-2010, 02:51 AM
Ben Hutchings

Default MIPS boot drivers

Martin, Aurelien,

When switching from IDE to libata drivers I updated all per-architecture
configuration files but I failed to cover per-flavour configuration
files. These configuration files currently enable some IDE drivers and
the associated flavours may be broken due to the partial conversion:

debian/config/armel/config.iop32x
debian/config/m68k/config.amiga
debian/config/m68k/config.atari
debian/config/m68k/config.mac
debian/config/m68k/config.q40
debian/config/mips/config.4kc-malta (known broken; see #584784)
debian/config/mips/config.5kc-malta
debian/config/mips/config.r4k-ip22
debian/config/mips/config.r5k-ip32
debian/config/mips/config.sb1a-bcm91480b
debian/config/mips/config.sb1-bcm91250a
debian/config/mipsel/config.r5k-cobalt
debian/config/sh4/config.sh7751r
debian/config/sh4/config.sh7785lcr

Ignoring m68k and sh4 as not release architectures, this leaves mostly
MIPS platforms. Since I know approximately nothing about these and I'm
not sure exactly which boot methods are supposed to be supported, I'll
have to ask you to review the configurations. I've attached a patch
which was my best guess at the necessary changes.

Note that pata_generic replaces ide-pci-generic whereas pata_platform
appears to be the correct replacement for ide-generic. But you probably
knew that.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings

Old 06-08-2010, 05:31 AM
Aurelien Jarno

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 03:51:33AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> Martin, Aurelien,
>
> When switching from IDE to libata drivers I updated all per-architecture
> configuration files but I failed to cover per-flavour configuration
> files. These configuration files currently enable some IDE drivers and
> the associated flavours may be broken due to the partial conversion:
>
> debian/config/armel/config.iop32x
> debian/config/m68k/config.amiga
> debian/config/m68k/config.atari
> debian/config/m68k/config.mac
> debian/config/m68k/config.q40
> debian/config/mips/config.4kc-malta (known broken; see #584784)
> debian/config/mips/config.5kc-malta
> debian/config/mips/config.r4k-ip22
> debian/config/mips/config.r5k-ip32
> debian/config/mips/config.sb1a-bcm91480b
> debian/config/mips/config.sb1-bcm91250a
> debian/config/mipsel/config.r5k-cobalt
> debian/config/sh4/config.sh7751r
> debian/config/sh4/config.sh7785lcr
>
> Ignoring m68k and sh4 as not release architectures, this leaves mostly
> MIPS platforms. Since I know approximately nothing about these and I'm
> not sure exactly which boot methods are supposed to be supported, I'll
> have to ask you to review the configurations. I've attached a patch
> which was my best guess at the necessary changes.

sh4 has always used libata.

MIPS SB1 BCM812501 has been switched to libata some times ago.

For the remaining MIPS flavors, I'll look at that later today, as it
might include some tests.

Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
aurelien@aurel32.net http://www.aurel32.net

Old 06-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Martin Michlmayr

* Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> [2010-06-08 07:31]:
> For the remaining MIPS flavors, I'll look at that later today, as it
> might include some tests.

Thanks Aurelien. I'm away all of this week but I can test Cobalt next
week.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/

Old 06-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Aurelien Jarno

Ben Hutchings a écrit :
> Martin, Aurelien,
>
> When switching from IDE to libata drivers I updated all per-architecture
> configuration files but I failed to cover per-flavour configuration
> files. These configuration files currently enable some IDE drivers and
> the associated flavours may be broken due to the partial conversion:
>
> debian/config/armel/config.iop32x
> debian/config/m68k/config.amiga
> debian/config/m68k/config.atari
> debian/config/m68k/config.mac
> debian/config/m68k/config.q40
> debian/config/mips/config.4kc-malta (known broken; see #584784)
> debian/config/mips/config.5kc-malta
> debian/config/mips/config.r4k-ip22
> debian/config/mips/config.r5k-ip32
> debian/config/mips/config.sb1a-bcm91480b
> debian/config/mips/config.sb1-bcm91250a
> debian/config/mipsel/config.r5k-cobalt
> debian/config/sh4/config.sh7751r
> debian/config/sh4/config.sh7785lcr
>
> Ignoring m68k and sh4 as not release architectures, this leaves mostly
> MIPS platforms. Since I know approximately nothing about these and I'm
> not sure exactly which boot methods are supposed to be supported, I'll
> have to ask you to review the configurations. I've attached a patch
> which was my best guess at the necessary changes.
>
> Note that pata_generic replaces ide-pci-generic whereas pata_platform
> appears to be the correct replacement for ide-generic. But you probably
> knew that.

I currently only tested the malta part, but unfortunately it doesn't fix
the problem. Moreover, it does change the ABI.