Old 06-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Greg KH

Default Reverts needed for 2.6.32.x ia64 percpu usage

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 10:36:20AM -0400, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Pinging for a revert request for 2.6.32.x. It seems like we had a
> misunderstanding about exactly which patches should be reverted. The email below
> explains precisely which commits should be reverted from the 2.6.32.x stable
> series.

Yes, sorry, I only reverted one of these for the last .32-stable
release. I'll go do the other one for the next release.

thanks,

greg k-h

Old 06-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Ben Hutchings

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 08:41:34AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 10:36:20AM -0400, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> > Hi Greg,
> >
> > Pinging for a revert request for 2.6.32.x. It seems like we had a
> > misunderstanding about exactly which patches should be reverted. The email below
> > explains precisely which commits should be reverted from the 2.6.32.x stable
> > series.
>
> Yes, sorry, I only reverted one of these for the last .32-stable
> release. I'll go do the other one for the next release.

There are _two_ more to be reverted.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
- Albert Camus

Old 06-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Greg KH

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 05:32:33PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 08:41:34AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 10:36:20AM -0400, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> > > Hi Greg,
> > >
> > > Pinging for a revert request for 2.6.32.x. It seems like we had a
> > > misunderstanding about exactly which patches should be reverted. The email below
> > > explains precisely which commits should be reverted from the 2.6.32.x stable
> > > series.
> >
> > Yes, sorry, I only reverted one of these for the last .32-stable
> > release. I'll go do the other one for the next release.
>
> There are _two_ more to be reverted.

{sigh}

Yes, you, and all of the other people who sent me this in private email,
are right. It's the first morning of me trying to switch from coffee to
green tea, give me a few hours to wake up...

I'll go do a release with these two patches reverted right now.

thanks,

greg k-h