Old 05-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Ben Hutchings

Default Another RL meeting

I understand that only a few kernel team members will be attending
DebConf 10. (I will not.) Therefore I think it would be useful to
arrange a real-life team meeting on some other occasion.

It was very useful to meet upstream and other distribution developers at
LPC last year, it was also quite expensive for the project. Given that
most regular members live in Europe, I suggest that we limit travel
expenses by meeting at a European conference like Linux-Kongress
<http://www.linux-kongress.org/2010/> or FrOSCon
<http://www.froscon.org/>.

Alternately we could try to arrange a sponsored work session in
Extremadura if people think that would be productive.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings

Old 05-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Moritz Muehlenhoff

On 2010-05-30, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:

> --=-1Uqh6s9o6AYhAoAmU++l
>
> I understand that only a few kernel team members will be attending
> DebConf 10. (I will not.) Therefore I think it would be useful to
> arrange a real-life team meeting on some other occasion.
>
> It was very useful to meet upstream and other distribution developers at
> LPC last year, it was also quite expensive for the project. Given that
> most regular members live in Europe, I suggest that we limit travel
> expenses by meeting at a European conference like Linux-Kongress
><http://www.linux-kongress.org/2010/> or FrOSCon
><http://www.froscon.org/>.
>
> Alternately we could try to arrange a sponsored work session in
> Extremadura if people think that would be productive.

Another alternative might be the Linux Hotel in Essen: We've
met there with the Security Team and it is a really nice place
run by Debian-friendly staff.

They're using the hotels for open source trainings throughout
the week and in the weekend they give open source projects the
possibility to meet there. Essen has the benefit to be easier
to reach than Caceres (the Koeln/Bonn airport is quite close
to Essen while Caceres is only reachable through Madrid and a
lengthy train ride).

Cheers,
Moritz

Old 07-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Ben Hutchings

On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 22:03 +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> On 2010-05-30, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > --=-1Uqh6s9o6AYhAoAmU++l
> >
> > I understand that only a few kernel team members will be attending
> > DebConf 10. (I will not.) Therefore I think it would be useful to
> > arrange a real-life team meeting on some other occasion.
> >
> > It was very useful to meet upstream and other distribution developers at
> > LPC last year, it was also quite expensive for the project. Given that
> > most regular members live in Europe, I suggest that we limit travel
> > expenses by meeting at a European conference like Linux-Kongress
> ><http://www.linux-kongress.org/2010/> or FrOSCon
> ><http://www.froscon.org/>.
> >
> > Alternately we could try to arrange a sponsored work session in
> > Extremadura if people think that would be productive.
>
> Another alternative might be the Linux Hotel in Essen: We've
> met there with the Security Team and it is a really nice place
> run by Debian-friendly staff.
[...]

This looks good. Would anyone like to suggest dates? Currently I think
I'm free every weekend until December.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings