FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Stephen Powell
 
Default Bug#582002: Bug#582002: Modules not loading in the proper order (initramfs-tools: s390 architecture)

On Mon, 17 May 2010 13:33:05 -0400 (EDT), Maximilian Attems wrote:
>
> you can use modprobe config here again see man modprobe.conf and
> the softdep line.

That did the trick! I changed /etc/modprobe.d/dasd (now called
/etc/modprobe.d/dasd.conf) as follows:

options dasd_mod dasd=0.0.0200(diag),0.0.0201,0.0.0202-0.0.0203(diag)
softdep dasd_eckd_mod pre: dasd_diag_mod
softdep dasd_fba_mod pre: dasd_diag_mod

I also removed the two lines from /etc/initramfs-tools/modules

dasd_mod
dasd_diag_mod

since they are no longer needed. I then rebuilt the initial RAM
filesystem and re-ran the boot loader (zipl). It's working now!
Thanks for your help. I'll leave this problem record open though,
to remind you that files in /etc/modprobe.d which do not have an extension
of .conf need to be re-enabled (at least for a while longer) to prevent
migration problems. But my system is bootable again, now that I've made
the changes indicated above.

--
.'`. Stephen Powell
: :' :
`. `'`
`-



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 964759525.199155.1274120274698.JavaMail.root@md01. wow.synacor.com">http://lists.debian.org/964759525.199155.1274120274698.JavaMail.root@md01. wow.synacor.com
 
Old 05-17-2010, 06:31 PM
maximilian attems
 
Default Bug#582002: Bug#582002: Modules not loading in the proper order (initramfs-tools: s390 architecture)

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 02:17:54PM -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2010 13:33:05 -0400 (EDT), Maximilian Attems wrote:
> >
> > you can use modprobe config here again see man modprobe.conf and
> > the softdep line.
>
> That did the trick! I changed /etc/modprobe.d/dasd (now called
> /etc/modprobe.d/dasd.conf) as follows:
>
> options dasd_mod dasd=0.0.0200(diag),0.0.0201,0.0.0202-0.0.0203(diag)
> softdep dasd_eckd_mod pre: dasd_diag_mod
> softdep dasd_fba_mod pre: dasd_diag_mod

cool, nice!

> I also removed the two lines from /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
>
> dasd_mod
> dasd_diag_mod
>
> since they are no longer needed.

yep.

> I then rebuilt the initial RAM
> filesystem and re-ran the boot loader (zipl). It's working now!
> Thanks for your help.

happy it boots.

> I'll leave this problem record open though,
> to remind you that files in /etc/modprobe.d which do not have an extension
> of .conf need to be re-enabled (at least for a while longer) to prevent
> migration problems. But my system is bootable again, now that I've made
> the changes indicated above.

#577981 is open for the transition no point in having two bugs for that.
unless you want to reassign this bug to debian installer or the package
that created aboves modprobe file, i'd say it can be closed.

thanks



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20100517183159.GK13054@baikonur.stro.at">http://lists.debian.org/20100517183159.GK13054@baikonur.stro.at
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:42 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org