-   Debian Kernel (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kernel/)
-   -   uploading 2.6.32-13 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kernel/371292-uploading-2-6-32-13-a.html)

maximilian attems 05-15-2010 12:43 AM

uploading 2.6.32-13

hello,

we have merged latest stable and the hpa fix,
thus no point in delaying this anymore.

remaining issues:
* release name
(release naming should be handled this time by Ben)

if you have any open issue please shout,
will upload after 12 UT tomorrow on 15. May.

thanks

--
maks

ps the ongoing iwlwifi saga is not a blocker
this is usual business.
pps nouveau boot trouble has not been debugged
so doesn't qualify either.

Bjørn Mork 05-15-2010 10:09 AM

uploading 2.6.32-13

Hello,

you may want to note that adding stable 2.6.32.13 will close #575207 (or
so I hope :-). See
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.32.y.git;h=65f202ba

It would be nice if the accompanying wishlist bug #575223 (enabling
CONFIG_DVB_STV090x) was fixed as well so that things actually worked,
but at least it won't oops anymore...

Bjørn

Ben Hutchings 05-15-2010 05:03 PM

uploading 2.6.32-13

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 12:09 +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Hello,
>
> you may want to note that adding stable 2.6.32.13 will close #575207 (or
> so I hope :-). See
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.32.y.git;h=65f202ba

Thanks for the information.

> It would be nice if the accompanying wishlist bug #575223 (enabling
> CONFIG_DVB_STV090x) was fixed as well so that things actually worked,
> but at least it won't oops anymore...

We rely on the kernel build configuration mechanism to select the
frontend and tuner modules associated with a controller driver (such as
budget), rather than explicitly enabling them. Currently, enabling
budget does not also enable stv090x. I have included a fix for this in
2.6.32-13 and submitted it upstream.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings

Bjørn Mork 05-15-2010 07:03 PM

uploading 2.6.32-13

Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:

> We rely on the kernel build configuration mechanism to select the
> frontend and tuner modules associated with a controller driver (such as
> budget), rather than explicitly enabling them. Currently, enabling
> budget does not also enable stv090x. I have included a fix for this in
> 2.6.32-13 and submitted it upstream.

Right. That makes sense. Thanks.

Bjørn