FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-26-2010, 05:21 AM
Christian PERRIER
 
Default Loading firmwa untranslated dialog (bug #575456)

(see #575456)

Frans closed the bug report (which is the right action) with the
following comment:

> This dialog does not come from D-I, but from linux-2.6. I suspect that that
> was not 100% translated for the version currently in testing.
>
> Closing this report.


However, this could mean it would be a good idea to add "linux-2.6" to
the list of packages in either level 2 or 3 as it is likely to show
some internationalized material during some installs.

CC'ing the Kernel Team (I hope I'm using the right mail address): if
we go this way, where should I "pick" for kernel packages debconf
translations (which VCS).
 
Old 03-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Ben Hutchings
 
Default Loading firmwa untranslated dialog (bug #575456)

On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 07:21 +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> (see #575456)
>
> Frans closed the bug report (which is the right action) with the
> following comment:
>
> > This dialog does not come from D-I, but from linux-2.6. I suspect that that
> > was not 100% translated for the version currently in testing.
> >
> > Closing this report.
>
>
> However, this could mean it would be a good idea to add "linux-2.6" to
> the list of packages in either level 2 or 3 as it is likely to show
> some internationalized material during some installs.
>
> CC'ing the Kernel Team (I hope I'm using the right mail address): if
> we go this way, where should I "pick" for kernel packages debconf
> translations (which VCS).

I agree we should have translations for at least the common debconf
questions and notes.

The VCS branch for uploads to unstable is
<svn://svn.debian.org/svn/kernel/dists/sid/linux-2.6>.

Templates for linux-base are in debian/linux-base.templates.

Templates for linux-image-* are in
debian/templates/temp.image.plain/templates, but these are actually
templates for templates as we need to substitute in the kernel version
and so on. We'll apply those substitution to the translations too.

The substitutions currently used are:
=ST : package name prefix, i.e. 'linux'
=V : current ABI version (upstream version + ABI number), e.g. 2.6.32-4

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it makes it worse.
 
Old 03-29-2010, 04:38 AM
Christian PERRIER
 
Default Loading firmwa untranslated dialog (bug #575456)

Quoting Ben Hutchings (ben@decadent.org.uk):

> The VCS branch for uploads to unstable is
> <svn://svn.debian.org/svn/kernel/dists/sid/linux-2.6>.
>
> Templates for linux-base are in debian/linux-base.templates.
>
> Templates for linux-image-* are in
> debian/templates/temp.image.plain/templates, but these are actually
> templates for templates as we need to substitute in the kernel version
> and so on. We'll apply those substitution to the translations too.


I did check this out, but I didn't find any PO file in there. Is there
some special mechanism in place to allow for localization of the
kernel packages templates?
 
Old 03-29-2010, 12:52 PM
maximilian attems
 
Default Loading firmwa untranslated dialog (bug #575456)

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 06:38:22AM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
>
>
> I did check this out, but I didn't find any PO file in there. Is there
> some special mechanism in place to allow for localization of the
> kernel packages templates?

debian/templates/temp.image.plain/templates

is the file you are looking for in linux-2.6 repo dir.
thanks


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20100329125201.GF22870@baikonur.stro.at">http://lists.debian.org/20100329125201.GF22870@baikonur.stro.at
 
Old 03-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Ben Hutchings
 
Default Loading firmwa untranslated dialog (bug #575456)

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 06:38 +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Ben Hutchings (ben@decadent.org.uk):
>
> > The VCS branch for uploads to unstable is
> > <svn://svn.debian.org/svn/kernel/dists/sid/linux-2.6>.
> >
> > Templates for linux-base are in debian/linux-base.templates.
> >
> > Templates for linux-image-* are in
> > debian/templates/temp.image.plain/templates, but these are actually
> > templates for templates as we need to substitute in the kernel version
> > and so on. We'll apply those substitution to the translations too.
>
>
> I did check this out, but I didn't find any PO file in there. Is there
> some special mechanism in place to allow for localization of the
> kernel packages templates?

There is no mechanism in place.

However, I've now committed templates.pot etc.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it makes it worse.
 
Old 03-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Christian PERRIER
 
Default Loading firmwa untranslated dialog (bug #575456)

Quoting Ben Hutchings (ben@decadent.org.uk):

> > I did check this out, but I didn't find any PO file in there. Is there
> > some special mechanism in place to allow for localization of the
> > kernel packages templates?
>
> There is no mechanism in place.
>
> However, I've now committed templates.pot etc.

Thanks. I just had a look at these templates. Would you mind if we
launch some review on debian-l10n-english? Not that I pretend that my
knowledge of your language is better than yoours, Ben....but more to
guarantee some style consistency with other debconf templates (for
instance, I spotted double spaces after full stops....which we try to
avoid).
 
Old 03-29-2010, 08:36 PM
maximilian attems
 
Default Loading firmwa untranslated dialog (bug #575456)

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 08:34:21PM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
>
> Thanks. I just had a look at these templates. Would you mind if we
> launch some review on debian-l10n-english? Not that I pretend that my
> knowledge of your language is better than yoours, Ben....but more to
> guarantee some style consistency with other debconf templates (for
> instance, I spotted double spaces after full stops....which we try to
> avoid).

that is fine, we already had one iteration of review for old templates.
please go ahead


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20100329203643.GA32211@baikonur.stro.at">http://lists.debian.org/20100329203643.GA32211@baikonur.stro.at
 
Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Ben Hutchings
 
Default Loading firmwa untranslated dialog (bug #575456)

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 20:34 +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Ben Hutchings (ben@decadent.org.uk):
>
> > > I did check this out, but I didn't find any PO file in there. Is there
> > > some special mechanism in place to allow for localization of the
> > > kernel packages templates?
> >
> > There is no mechanism in place.
> >
> > However, I've now committed templates.pot etc.
>
> Thanks. I just had a look at these templates. Would you mind if we
> launch some review on debian-l10n-english? Not that I pretend that my
> knowledge of your language is better than yoours, Ben....but more to
> guarantee some style consistency with other debconf templates (for
> instance, I spotted double spaces after full stops....which we try to
> avoid).

I haven't written or reviewed all the templates anyway. So, go ahead.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it makes it worse.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org