Old 03-16-2010, 12:53 AM
maximilian attems

Default upload announce 2.6.32-10

2.6.32-10 is shaping up nicely with huge patch pile, time to push it to sid.

intend to upload by tomorrow tuesday 22 UT.

remaining issues, please add:
* xen compilation?!
* openvz integration
(patch showed up in the last minute, not a blocker, but nice to have)
* nouveau drm bump
(don't remember if a decition was made to go for newer not staging
nouveau - could probably also made later as new staging driver currently)

Old 03-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Ian Campbell

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 02:53 +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> remaining issues, please add:
> * xen compilation?!

Can you give a pointer to the files which are failing? I tried some
likely candidates (arch/x86 and drivers/xen) on i386 and amd64 but saw
no failures. A full build will likely take until 22 UT on this
machine :-(

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell

Maj. Bloodnok: Seagoon, you're a coward!
Seagoon: Only in the holiday season.
Maj. Bloodnok: Ah, another Noel Coward!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Ian Campbell

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 08:45 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 02:53 +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> > remaining issues, please add:
> > * xen compilation?!
>
> Can you give a pointer to the files which are failing? I tried some
> likely candidates (arch/x86 and drivers/xen) on i386 and amd64 but saw
> no failures. A full build will likely take until 22 UT on this
> machine :-(

Maybe it was the highpte thing which Ben already fixed in r15391?

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell

"Everyone is entitled to an *informed* opinion."
-- Harlan Ellison

Old 03-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Ben Hutchings

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 08:51 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 08:45 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 02:53 +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> > > remaining issues, please add:
> > > * xen compilation?!
> >
> > Can you give a pointer to the files which are failing? I tried some
> > likely candidates (arch/x86 and drivers/xen) on i386 and amd64 but saw
> > no failures. A full build will likely take until 22 UT on this
> > machine :-(
>
> Maybe it was the highpte thing which Ben already fixed in r15391?

After removing the two patches that went upstream, I could apply the
patch and build the result (i386_xen_686 config) though I didn't try
running it.

Relatedly, I noticed that there seem to be some other general bug fixes
in xen-pvops.patch. They should not be in there but broken out into
separate patches that we can apply to all configurations.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
One of the nice things about standards is that there are so many of them.