Old 03-05-2010, 03:47 PM
dann frazier

Default Scheduling 2.6.26-22 (ABI++)

Based on IRC conversation, I'd like to upload a 2.6.26-22 to p-u this
weekend. Since this adds a nic driver, it implies that we'll want to
respin d-i for 5.0.5, so it is probably a good opportunity to merge in
the abi breaker branch as it includes several fixes we've been sitting
on for a while.

--
dann frazier

Old 03-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Ben Hutchings

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 09:47 -0700, dann frazier wrote:
> Based on IRC conversation, I'd like to upload a 2.6.26-22 to p-u this
> weekend. Since this adds a nic driver, it implies that we'll want to
> respin d-i for 5.0.5, so it is probably a good opportunity to merge in
> the abi breaker branch as it includes several fixes we've been sitting
> on for a while.

The only ABI breakers I see are:

- bugfix/x86/hypervisor-detection-and-get-tsc_freq-from-hypervisor.patch
This adds the x86_hyper_vendor member to struct x86_cpuinfo. It is set
for each CPU, but it is not really per-CPU and is only ever read from
the boot CPU's structure. We can use a separate static variable
instead, leaving the structure unchanged.

- features/all/openvz/0080-Endless-loop-in-__sk_stream_wait_memory.patch
Modifies signature of ub_sock_snd_queue_add(). This is an OpenVZ-
specific function and should not be used by any out-of-tree modules. We
should add it to the ignored symbols.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. - Anne Morrow Lindberg

Old 03-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Ian Campbell

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 18:19 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> -
> bugfix/x86/hypervisor-detection-and-get-tsc_freq-from-hypervisor.patch
> This adds the x86_hyper_vendor member to struct x86_cpuinfo. It is
> set for each CPU, but it is not really per-CPU and is only ever read
> from the boot CPU's structure. We can use a separate static variable
> instead, leaving the structure unchanged.

If the new field is at the end of the struct does it work to hide the
field from the ksyms stuff using ifndef __GENKSYMS__? Old callers won't
care about a new field at the end of the struct.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly,
since it has no ears.
-- Marcus Porcius Cato