Old 03-04-2010, 06:35 PM
David Cantrell

Default - ppc crap and i386 crap

1) cherry pick Ales' patch from master that fixes the HALT usage in
init.c and shutdown.c so we don't get a kernel panic and the possible
backtrace on the screen scrolls by. Related to 564297, but does not
fix the issue.

2) Fix the ppc[64] screenfont and keymap garbage.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@redhat.com>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI

Old 03-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Chris Lumens

> 1) cherry pick Ales' patch from master that fixes the HALT usage in
> init.c and shutdown.c so we don't get a kernel panic and the possible
> backtrace on the screen scrolls by. Related to 564297, but does not
> fix the issue.
>
> 2) Fix the ppc[64] screenfont and keymap garbage.

Both look alright, though I'm less sure about #2. Have you been able to
test an updated initrd with the keymap and font stuff?

- Chris

Old 03-05-2010, 05:57 PM
David Cantrell