Old 03-01-2010, 02:47 PM
"John W. Linville"

Default Debian 2.6.32 CONFIG_WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY, wireless-regdb and crda

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 01:43:46PM -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> >> I see little point to maintaining a ChangeLog on these two upstream
> >> git projects, is this something that has to be done on the package
> >> debian/* stuff itself then? Is this required for inclusion into
> >> Debian?
> >
> > The point is that upstream are already maintaining a ChangeLog with git
> > and it'd be nice if they included that in the release tarballs (which
> > don't include the git history) by doing git2cl or git log or whatever in
> > 'make dist' when they create the tarball.
> >
> > The NEWS file is a separate, hand-maintained file summarising
> > user-visible changes between different releases.
>
> Thanks, I understand now. I just downloaded git2cl:
>
> http://josefsson.org/git2cl/git2cl
>
> I'll include some ChangeLog for the next release. Its up to John if he
> wants to use that as well, he maintains wireless-regdb while I
> maintain crda. The current Debian package puts these two together
> though so something custom is required anyway for now.

FWIW, I don't create the tarballs. Perhaps we could ask Johannes to
do something in his scripts that create them? Beyond that I don't
see much point in checking-in a ChangeLog.

Do you like that git2cl output? It seems rather ugly to me...

John
--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
linville@tuxdriver.com might be all we have. Be ready.