Old 03-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Bastian Blank

Default Missing kernel vserver-sparc64-smp?

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 09:20:09AM +0100, Sander Marechal wrote:
> I want to run multiple virtual machines on it but there aren't many
> solutions available on sparc64.

To be exact, there are two:
- Sun LDoms
- Linux VServer

> I found one strange thing though. Debian
> Lenny ships with SMP and uniprocessor kernels for sparc64, but the
> vserver enabled kernel is only shipped as uniprocessor, not as an SMP
> kernel.

It is SMP, the description is wrong.

Bastian

--
Captain's Log, star date 21:34.5...

Old 03-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Sander Marechal

Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 09:20:09AM +0100, Sander Marechal wrote:
>> I found one strange thing though. Debian Lenny ships with SMP and
>> uniprocessor kernels for sparc64, but the vserver enabled kernel is
>> only shipped as uniprocessor, not as an SMP kernel.
>
> It is SMP, the description is wrong.

Thanks. I installed it today and it's indeed SMP.

I couldn't find a bug about this in BTS. Shall I report it?

--
Sander Marechal