Old 03-16-2009, 03:44 PM
maximilian attems

Default finalising 2.6.29

announcing a same day upload of 2.6.29 as soon as released.

depending if another rc comes up we might want to upload 2.6.28-2 ?

we have some missing archs for 2.6.28,
guess that sparc is fixed in 2.6.29, but what about alpha?
install: cannot stat `debian/build/build_alpha_none_alpha-generic/vmlinux.gz': No such file or directory

concerning config variables most are set.
still have a cleanup run on powperc and maybe on alpha on the TODO.
only those are still open:

* TREE_RCU for amd64
will set CLASSIC_RCU for topconfig
see http://lwn.net/Articles/305782/
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=64db4cfff99c04cd5f550357edcc878 0f96b54a2

* OPTIMIZE_INLINING
will set on topconfig, nobody voted against in 2.6.28,
produces smaller kernel.

kind regards

--
maks

Old 03-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Martin Michlmayr

* maximilian attems <max@stro.at> [2009-03-16 17:44]:
> announcing a same day upload of 2.6.29 as soon as released.
>
> depending if another rc comes up we might want to upload 2.6.28-2 ?

I think uploading 2.6.28-2 when 2.6.28.8 is out would make sense.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/