Old 03-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Dmitry Oboukhov

Default the required linux-kbuild package is absent in the sid

Sometimes I want to install the newest kernel. I write the sid's repo
in my /etc/apt/sourses.list and try to install the latest version of
kernel.

After that I remember about my loop-aes and vboxdrv modules and so I
try to install the linux-headers package. But this effort fails: the
required linux-kbuild package is absent in the sid.

I am an unlucky person[*],
but this situation repeats every time if I want to install the newest
kernel.

If I wait a few days then the situation is resolved.

Could anybody tell me why an upload of a new linux-image always[*]
goes before linux-headers and linux-kbuild?

Old 03-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Gerfried Fuchs

Hi!

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 12:34:46AM +0300, Dmitry Oboukhov wrote:
> After that I remember about my loop-aes and vboxdrv modules and so I
> try to install the linux-headers package. But this effort fails: the
> required linux-kbuild package is absent in the sid.

Yes, please see #516734 and related mails on this list.

> I am an unlucky person[*],
> but this situation repeats every time if I want to install the newest
> kernel.

You might find it helpful to use this sources.list entry instead of sid
then:
deb http://kernel-archive.buildserver.net/debian-kernel trunk main

> Could anybody tell me why an upload of a new linux-image always[*]
> goes before linux-headers and linux-kbuild?

It's not always, and the current problem is because of a rejected
linux-kbuild package from the NEW queue which unfortunately didn't get a
fix uploaded yet. The reject mail is here:
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2009/02/msg00567.html>

Hope that helps.
Rhonda

Old 03-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Olaf Reitmaier Veracierta

Hi!

I download kbuild from here

http://people.debian.org/~adamm/kernel/

As listed here...

Really thanks.

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

Hi!

[...]

"You don't know where your shadow will fall",
Somebody.-