Old 12-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Thomas Goirand

Default backport of the e1000e driver from 2.6.27 to Debian 2.6.26

Hi,

I have a thinkpad t500. On it, the stock Lenny 2.6.26 kernel doesn't
recognize my e1000e eth0, when it works perfectly with 2.6.27. So I
began to work on a backport of the driver. The PCI id is in the list, so
it's not only about this.

The resulting patch is attached to this email. It's quite big (47k) but
it should be working quite well.

I do think it would be a shame to NOT have support for my hardware that
is going to be quite common. Let me know if you guys think that this
patch can be included in the Lenny kernel.

Thomas

P.S: I'm not registered to this list, so I'll monitor the archive, but
I'd appreciate if you could Cc: to me as well.