FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Daniel Tiefnig
 
Default Bug#469687: linux-image-2.6.24-1-amd64: floods kernel ring buffer with "SCO packet for unknown connection handle"

Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 04:50:25PM +0100, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:
>> Package: linux-image-2.6.24-1-amd64
>> Version: 2.6.24-4
>> Severity: normal
>
> Does this error still occur with more recent kernel versions?

Hi,

thanks for the quick response! (SCNR)

The problem is still the same with the latest debian kernel package for
unstable AMD64.

Package: linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64
Version: 2.6.26-12

Btw. I recognize I forgot to mention what hardware I'm using. Or trying
to use. (Stupid me.)

$ hcitool info 00:03:89:7F:A4:6D
Requesting information ...
BD Address: 00:03:89:7F:A4:6D
Device Name: 590Plantronics
LMP Version: 2.0 (0x3) LMP Subversion: 0x9a2
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
Features: 0xbf 0xec 0x01 0x00 0x18 0x18 0x00 0x00
<3-slot packets> <5-slot packets> <encryption> <slot offset>
<timing accuracy> <role switch> <sniff mode> <channel quality>
<SCO link> <HV3 packets> <u-law log> <A-law log> <CVSD>
<AFH cap. slave> <AFH class. slave> <AFH cap. master>
<AFH class. master>

$ hcitool inq
Inquiring ...
00:03:89:7F:A4:6D clock offset: 0x248b class: 0x240404


What I thought to try next was adding the device to
drivers/bluetooth/hci_usb.c in the kernel source with HCI_BROKEN_ISOC,
as this worked for the "Blue Soleil based adapter" in the referenced
bugreport 444603. But I haven't been able to figure out how to get the
HCI_DEV_CLASS and HCI_DEV_SUBCLASS for my device. Meh.

Any hints are highly appreciated.

daniel



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 12-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Moritz Muehlenhoff
 
Default Bug#469687: linux-image-2.6.24-1-amd64: floods kernel ring buffer with "SCO packet for unknown connection handle"

Daniel Tiefnig wrote:
> Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 04:50:25PM +0100, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:
> >> Package: linux-image-2.6.24-1-amd64
> >> Version: 2.6.24-4
> >> Severity: normal
> >
> > Does this error still occur with more recent kernel versions?
>
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the quick response! (SCNR)

The next followup was originally only scheduled for September 2009, but I'll
reply a bit quicker anyway :-)

> The problem is still the same with the latest debian kernel package for
> unstable AMD64.
>
> Package: linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64
> Version: 2.6.26-12

[..]

> What I thought to try next was adding the device to
> drivers/bluetooth/hci_usb.c in the kernel source with HCI_BROKEN_ISOC,
> as this worked for the "Blue Soleil based adapter" in the referenced
> bugreport 444603. But I haven't been able to figure out how to get the
> HCI_DEV_CLASS and HCI_DEV_SUBCLASS for my device. Meh.
>
> Any hints are highly appreciated.

They should show up when running "lsusb -v"

Cheers,
Moritz



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:57 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org