Old 12-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Niels de Vos

Default Doing a reboot in %post of ks.cfg

Hello,

with anaconda-10.2.x we did a reboot in %post with 'kill -SIGINT 1'. The
loader catches the signal an does a reboot. With anaconda-11.1.x this
still functions, but gives an ugly stacktrace (see anacdump-stack.txt
attached) in the main window (at least text-mode).

What is the advised method of automatic reboot in %post?

If this is a not-implemented-yet feature, what would be a good solution
for a non-interactive install+reboot?

Thanks,
Niels

Traceback (most recent call first):
File "/tmp/treedir.20081/instimage/usr/lib/anaconda/iutil.py", line 50, in execWithRedirect
raise RuntimeError, "Error running " + command + ": " + msg
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py", line 64, in run
root = scriptRoot)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py", line 783, in <lambda>
map (lambda s: s.run(anaconda.rootPath, serial, anaconda.intf), postScripts)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py", line 783, in postAction
map (lambda s: s.run(anaconda.rootPath, serial, anaconda.intf), postScripts)
File "/tmp/treedir.20081/instimage/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py", line 44, in doPostAction
anaconda.id.instClass.postAction(anaconda, flags.serial)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 201, in moveStep
rc = stepFunc(self.anaconda)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 124, in gotoNext
self.moveStep()
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py", line 588, in run
anaconda.dispatch.gotoNext()
File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 982, in ?
anaconda.intf.run(anaconda)
RuntimeError: Error running /bin/sh: Interrupted system call

Local variables in innermost frame:
chroot: <function chroot at 0xadf5aac>
stdout: <open file '/dev/tty3', mode 'w' at 0xb16b458>
errno: 4
stdin: <open file '/dev/tty3', mode 'r' at 0xb16b4a0>
argv: ['/tmp/ks-script-xY-HcO']
searchPath: 0
command: /bin/sh
stderr: <open file '/dev/tty3', mode 'w' at 0xb16b410>
msg: Interrupted system call
root: /mnt/sysimage
proc: <subprocess.Popen object at 0xaafb16c>

Old 12-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Jeffrey Bastian

Niels de Vos wrote:

What is the advised method of automatic reboot in %post?

Are you trying to reboot before the installation finishes?

If not, then just put the word 'reboot' in the first section of the
kickstart file and anaconda will take care of it.

See
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-kickstart2-options.html#id2739590

Jeff

Old 12-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Niels de Vos

Jeffrey Bastian wrote:
> Niels de Vos wrote:
>> What is the advised method of automatic reboot in %post?
>
> Are you trying to reboot before the installation finishes?
>
> If not, then just put the word 'reboot' in the first section of the
> kickstart file and anaconda will take care of it.
>
> See
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-kickstart2-options.html#id2739590

Great, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I wonder why it was
implemented (in our solution) in %post with kill...

Thanks,
Niels