FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Valentin Vidic
 
Default Bug#506418: linux-image-2.6.18-6-xen-amd64: domU soft lockup detected

Package: linux-image-2.6.18-6-xen-amd64
Version: 2.6.18.dfsg.1-23
Severity: normal


domU is getting these from time to time (no live migration is being done):


BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#1!

Call Trace:
<IRQ> [<ffffffff8029fb75>] softlockup_tick+0xdb/0xed
[<ffffffff80267dc0>] timer_interrupt+0x38d/0x3db
[<ffffffff80211162>] handle_IRQ_event+0x2d/0x60
[<ffffffff8029feb4>] __do_IRQ+0xa4/0x105
[<ffffffff8028366f>] _local_bh_enable+0x59/0xb3
[<ffffffff802665ae>] do_IRQ+0x65/0x73
[<ffffffff80361105>] evtchn_do_upcall+0x86/0xe0
[<ffffffff8025c606>] do_hypervisor_callback+0x1e/0x2c
<EOI> [<ffffffff802063aa>] hypercall_page+0x3aa/0x1000
[<ffffffff802063aa>] hypercall_page+0x3aa/0x1000
[<ffffffff8026733c>] raw_safe_halt+0x84/0xa8
[<ffffffff802645b1>] xen_idle+0x38/0x4a
[<ffffffff80248830>] cpu_idle+0x97/0xba

BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#2!

Call Trace:
<IRQ> [<ffffffff8029fb75>] softlockup_tick+0xdb/0xed
[<ffffffff80267dc0>] timer_interrupt+0x38d/0x3db
[<ffffffff80211162>] handle_IRQ_event+0x2d/0x60
[<ffffffff8029feb4>] __do_IRQ+0xa4/0x105
[<ffffffff8028366f>] _local_bh_enable+0x59/0xb3
[<ffffffff802665ae>] do_IRQ+0x65/0x73
[<ffffffff80361105>] evtchn_do_upcall+0x86/0xe0
[<ffffffff8025c606>] do_hypervisor_callback+0x1e/0x2c
<EOI> [<ffffffff802063aa>] hypercall_page+0x3aa/0x1000
[<ffffffff802063aa>] hypercall_page+0x3aa/0x1000
[<ffffffff8026733c>] raw_safe_halt+0x84/0xa8
[<ffffffff802645b1>] xen_idle+0x38/0x4a
[<ffffffff80248830>] cpu_idle+0x97/0xba


There are other reports of this bug in Debian Etch kernel:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-bugs/2008-10/msg00003.html
http://bugzilla.xensource.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1261

And RedHat seems to have a patch you might be able to use:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=250994


-- System Information:
Debian Release: 4.0
APT prefers stable
APT policy: (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.18-6-xen-amd64
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)

Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.18-6-xen-amd64 depends on:
ii e2f 1.39+1.40-WIP-2006.11.14+dfsg-2etch1 ext2 file system utilities and lib
ii ini 0.85i tools for generating an initramfs
ii lin 2.6.18.dfsg.1-23 Linux 2.6.18 modules on AMD64

linux-image-2.6.18-6-xen-amd64 recommends no packages.

-- no debconf information



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Ian Campbell
 
Default Bug#506418: linux-image-2.6.18-6-xen-amd64: domU soft lockup detected

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 11:09 +0100, Valentin Vidic wrote:

> There are other reports of this bug in Debian Etch kernel:
>
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-bugs/2008-10/msg00003.html
> http://bugzilla.xensource.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1261
>
> And RedHat seems to have a patch you might be able to use:
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=250994

I've added this to the svn tree. Please can you try a snapshot kernel
(see http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel) with at least r12404

Thanks,
Ian.

--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Slayer - Captor Of Sin

Advertising is a valuable economic factor because it is the cheapest
way of selling goods, particularly if the goods are worthless.
-- Sinclair Lewis




--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Valentin Vidic
 
Default Bug#506418: linux-image-2.6.18-6-xen-amd64: domU soft lockup detected

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 03:25:57PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> I've added this to the svn tree. Please can you try a snapshot kernel
> (see http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel) with at least r12404

In the status page I see that 2.6.18.dfsg.1-24~snapshot.12410 is still
waiting for amd64_etch build. Will it appear eventually or should I
try to build it myself?

--
Valentin



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Ian Campbell
 
Default Bug#506418: linux-image-2.6.18-6-xen-amd64: domU soft lockup detected

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 16:30 +0100, Valentin Vidic wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 03:25:57PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > I've added this to the svn tree. Please can you try a snapshot kernel
> > (see http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel) with at least r12404
>
> In the status page I see that 2.6.18.dfsg.1-24~snapshot.12410 is still
> waiting for amd64_etch build. Will it appear eventually or should I
> try to build it myself?

Hmm, usually it just takes a day or so for them to show up, I guess
something is up with the amd64 builder but I don't have any insight into
that service...

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Candlemass - Dark Reflections (Demo)

Americans are people who insist on living in the present, tense.




--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Ian Campbell
 
Default Bug#506418: linux-image-2.6.18-6-xen-amd64: domU soft lockup detected

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 15:41 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 16:30 +0100, Valentin Vidic wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 03:25:57PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > > I've added this to the svn tree. Please can you try a snapshot kernel
> > > (see http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel) with at least r12404
> >
> > In the status page I see that 2.6.18.dfsg.1-24~snapshot.12410 is still
> > waiting for amd64_etch build. Will it appear eventually or should I
> > try to build it myself?
>
> Hmm, usually it just takes a day or so for them to show up, I guess
> something is up with the amd64 builder but I don't have any insight into
> that service...

Apparently there is no Etch amd64 autobuilder at the moment. I've done a
private binary-only build and put the bits here:
http://www.hellion.org.uk/debian-kernel/linux-2.6_2.6.18.dfsg.1-24~snapshot.12410/

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell

"Do you believe in intuition?"
"No, but I have a strange feeling that someday I will."
 
Old 12-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Valentin Vidic
 
Default Bug#506418: linux-image-2.6.18-6-xen-amd64: domU soft lockup detected

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 11:17:59AM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> Apparently there is no Etch amd64 autobuilder at the moment. I've done a
> private binary-only build and put the bits here:

Thanks, I'll try it out on one of the domUs and let you know how it goes.
It will take some time as the errors don't appear very often (once a week
or so).

--
Valentin



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:26 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org