Old 11-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Radek Vykydal

Default RHEL 5.3 #468431 - assure consistency of VG to be removed

Joel Granados wrote:

The only thing that scares me about this patch is the chance that anaconda will traceback on one of those vgremove or lvremove where otherwise it would have continued on its marry way.

Yep, that scared me too, but we are already calling lvm.lvremove and
lvm.vgremove without
catching exceptions in doMetaDeletes which has got some hard testing
already I think,

so I decided not to catch.

OTOH, if we fail on either one of those we will probably see some other issue further on. And its probably a good idea to see the traceback sooner than later. From this point of view it seems OK to me.

Another argument for not catching is that if we traceback on next lvm
call, lvmout contains
no valuable info, but I admit, this argument is weak and should be
solved by improving

lvmout logging (e.g. as proposed in my Note in root of the thread).

Radek