Old 09-23-2008, 04:52 PM
"Mohit Aron"

Default rdtsc definitions missing from /usr/include/asm/msr.h

Hello,
I just upgraded from Linux 2.6.24 to Linux 2.6.27 and found that the linux-libc-dev package no longer has the rdtsc related definitions in /usr/include/asm/msr.h. Being able to read the cycle counters from the user level is important for performance profiling and I'm wondering where can I get access to the rdtsc definitions.

Thanks,

- Mohit