FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Soren Stoutner
 
Default Bug#499227: linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64: linux-image-2.6.26 kills HDA ATI SB sound

Package: linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64
Version: 2.6.26-4
Severity: normal


Booting into linux-image-2.6.26 kills my HDA ATI SB sound card
(integrated into Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H motherboard). *When I boot back
into linux-image-2.6.25 the sound works fine. *In 2.6.26 KMix lists the
card but doesn't show any volume bars.

-- Package-specific info:

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
APT prefers testing
APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.25-2-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64 depends on:
ii debconf [debconf-2.0] 1.5.22 Debian configuration management sy
ii initramfs-tools [linux-initra 0.92i tools for generating an initramfs
ii module-init-tools 3.4-1 tools for managing Linux kernel mo

linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64 recommends no packages.

Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64 suggests:
ii grub 0.97-47 GRand Unified Bootloader (Legacy v
pn linux-doc-2.6.26 <none> (no description available)

-- debconf information:
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/postinst/create-kimage-link-2.6.26-1-amd64: true
shared/kernel-image/really-run-bootloader: true
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/postinst/kimage-is-a-directory:
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/postinst/old-initrd-link-2.6.26-1-amd64: true
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/preinst/bootloader-initrd-2.6.26-1-amd64: true
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/preinst/initrd-2.6.26-1-amd64:
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/postinst/old-system-map-link-2.6.26-1-amd64: true
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/postinst/depmod-error-initrd-2.6.26-1-amd64: false
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/preinst/overwriting-modules-2.6.26-1-amd64: true
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/preinst/elilo-initrd-2.6.26-1-amd64: true
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/postinst/bootloader-error-2.6.26-1-amd64:
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/preinst/abort-install-2.6.26-1-amd64:
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/preinst/lilo-initrd-2.6.26-1-amd64: true
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/postinst/depmod-error-2.6.26-1-amd64: false
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/prerm/removing-running-kernel-2.6.26-1-amd64: true
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/prerm/would-invalidate-boot-loader-2.6.26-1-amd64: true
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/postinst/bootloader-test-error-2.6.26-1-amd64:
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/preinst/abort-overwrite-2.6.26-1-amd64:
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/postinst/old-dir-initrd-link-2.6.26-1-amd64: true
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/preinst/lilo-has-ramdisk:
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64/preinst/failed-to-move-modules-2.6.26-1-amd64:



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 09-17-2008, 06:21 AM
maximilian attems
 
Default Bug#499227: linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64: linux-image-2.6.26 kills HDA ATI SB sound

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:58:35PM -0600, Soren Stoutner wrote:
> Package: linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64
> Version: 2.6.26-4
> Severity: normal
>
>
> Booting into linux-image-2.6.26 kills my HDA ATI SB sound card
> (integrated into Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H motherboard). *When I boot back
> into linux-image-2.6.25 the sound works fine. *In 2.6.26 KMix lists the
> card but doesn't show any volume bars.

please post:
dpkg -l alsa-base alsa-utils



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 09-18-2008, 04:13 AM
Soren Stoutner
 
Default Bug#499227: linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64: linux-image-2.6.26 kills HDA ATI SB sound

On Wednesday 17 September 2008 12:21:48 am maximilian attems wrote:
> please post:
> dpkg -l alsa-base alsa-utils

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Description
+++-==============-==============-============================================
ii alsa-base 1.0.17.dfsg-2 ALSA driver configuration files
ii alsa-utils 1.0.16-2 ALSA utilities
 
Old 09-18-2008, 07:56 AM
maximilian attems
 
Default Bug#499227: linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64: linux-image-2.6.26 kills HDA ATI SB sound

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:13:07PM -0600, Soren Stoutner wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 September 2008 12:21:48 am maximilian attems wrote:
> > please post:
> > dpkg -l alsa-base alsa-utils
>
> Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
> | Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
> uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name Version Description
> +++-==============-==============-============================================
> ii alsa-base 1.0.17.dfsg-2 ALSA driver configuration files
> ii alsa-utils 1.0.16-2 ALSA utilities

okay is up to date, please checkout if it is still reproducible in
newer upstream 2.6.27-rc6

see trunk apt lines http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel





--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 09-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Soren Stoutner
 
Default Bug#499227: linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64: linux-image-2.6.26 kills HDA ATI SB sound

I can reproduce the bug in 2.6.27~rc6-1~experimental.1~snapshot.12226.

On Thursday 18 September 2008 01:56:37 am you wrote:
>
> okay is up to date, please checkout if it is still reproducible in
> newer upstream 2.6.27-rc6
>
> see trunk apt lines http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel
 
Old 09-20-2008, 08:58 AM
maximilian attems
 
Default Bug#499227: linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64: linux-image-2.6.26 kills HDA ATI SB sound

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 01:08:46AM -0600, Soren Stoutner wrote:
> I can reproduce the bug in 2.6.27~rc6-1~experimental.1~snapshot.12226.
>

so report upstream and let us know the bug nr
bugzilla.kernel.org



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 09-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Soren Stoutner
 
Default Bug#499227: linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64: linux-image-2.6.26 kills HDA ATI SB sound

The bug has been reported upstream as number 11600

http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11600

On Saturday 20 September 2008 02:58:45 am maximilian attems wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 01:08:46AM -0600, Soren Stoutner wrote:
> > I can reproduce the bug in 2.6.27~rc6-1~experimental.1~snapshot.12226.
>
> so report upstream and let us know the bug nr
> bugzilla.kernel.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org