Old 09-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Steve McIntyre

Default Weirdity in linux-modules-extra-2.6

Hi folks,

I've been tracking down a build failure in the current lenny
multi-arch i386/amd64/powerpc/source DVD. What I've found is an oddity
in the Sources.gz file: the stanza for the source package
linux-modules-extra-2.6 does not list the powerpc packages generated
it in the Binary: field. This seems to be the case for both lenny and
sid. Is that a bug in the package, or somewhere else (e.g. dak)?

Cheers,
--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. steve@einval.com
We don't need no education.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Bastian Blank

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:49:51PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> I've been tracking down a build failure in the current lenny
> multi-arch i386/amd64/powerpc/source DVD. What I've found is an oddity
> in the Sources.gz file: the stanza for the source package
> linux-modules-extra-2.6 does not list the powerpc packages generated
> it in the Binary: field. This seems to be the case for both lenny and
> sid. Is that a bug in the package, or somewhere else (e.g. dak)?

Its in apt, it crops the Binary field. See #489296.

Bastian

--
Yes, it is written. Good shall always destroy evil.
-- Sirah the Yang, "The Omega Glory", stardate unknown

Old 09-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Steve McIntyre

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:49:51PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I've been tracking down a build failure in the current lenny
>multi-arch i386/amd64/powerpc/source DVD. What I've found is an oddity
>in the Sources.gz file: the stanza for the source package
>linux-modules-extra-2.6 does not list the powerpc packages generated
>it in the Binary: field. This seems to be the case for both lenny and
>sid. Is that a bug in the package, or somewhere else (e.g. dak)?

Ping?

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. steve@einval.com
Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there