Old 09-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Bastian Blank

Default Scheduling linux-2.6 2.6.26-5

Hi folks

I intend to upload linux-2.6 2.6.26-5 tomorrow.

Fixes:
- 2.6.26.4
- SiS SATA
- OpenVZ update

Bastian

--
No more blah, blah, blah!
-- Kirk, "Miri", stardate 2713.6

Old 09-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Martin Michlmayr

* Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> [2008-09-09 12:47]:
> I intend to upload linux-2.6 2.6.26-5 tomorrow.
>
> Fixes:
> - 2.6.26.4

What about 2.6.26.5 (the build fix for 2.6.26.4)?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/

Old 09-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Bastian Blank

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 02:51:34PM +0300, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> [2008-09-09 12:47]:
> > I intend to upload linux-2.6 2.6.26-5 tomorrow.
> >
> > Fixes:
> > - 2.6.26.4
> What about 2.6.26.5 (the build fix for 2.6.26.4)?

Not applicable. The change was removed because of userspace
changes.

Bastian

--
Those who hate and fight must stop themselves -- otherwise it is not stopped.
-- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown

Old 09-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Mert Dirik

Bastian Blank yazmış:
> Hi folks
>
> I intend to upload linux-2.6 2.6.26-5 tomorrow.
>
> Fixes:
> - 2.6.26.4
> - SiS SATA
> - OpenVZ update
>
> Bastian

Do you plan to fix #497292 for this release? It would be good although I'm not
sure if it can be done before release since it is not important.

Regards

Old 09-09-2008, 09:58 PM
maximilian attems

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 11:26:49PM +0300, Mert Dirik wrote:

> Do you plan to fix #497292 for this release? It would be good although I'm not
> sure if it can be done before release since it is not important.

hmmm, CONFIG_VZ_CHECKPOINT defaults to n according to the openvz patchset.
and the options where taken in accordance with openvz team.

maybe kir or pavel have some input, but that be pretty hard to change now,
as this may well be an abi breaker.

--
maks

Old 09-10-2008, 06:25 AM
"Thorsten Schifferdecker"

Hi Maximilian,

since you add upstream OpenVZ fixes up to git commit 0f14912e3d2251aff,
Checkpointing work if enabled if enabled in feature-set/openvz/config,
but a bug existes in 2.6.24 and 2.6.26, chkpnt with a sit device doesnt
work, see http://bugzilla.openvz.org/874

Regards,
Thorsten
--
Thorsten Schifferdecker
tsd@debian.systs.org

Old 09-10-2008, 06:28 AM
maximilian attems

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 08:25:10AM +0200, Thorsten Schifferdecker wrote:
> Hi Maximilian,
>
> since you add upstream OpenVZ fixes up to git commit 0f14912e3d2251aff,
> Checkpointing work if enabled if enabled in feature-set/openvz/config,
> but a bug existes in 2.6.24 and 2.6.26, chkpnt with a sit device doesnt
> work, see http://bugzilla.openvz.org/874

latest sid image that will be uploaded today has up to 24cebf40278cb071ff8b,
but that still has checkpointing defaulting to no.

--
maks

ps please don't top post.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:46 AM
"Thorsten Schifferdecker"

Hi Maximilian,

Am Mi, 10.09.2008, 08:28, schrieb maximilian attems:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 08:25:10AM +0200, Thorsten Schifferdecker wrote:
>> Hi Maximilian,
>>
>> since you add upstream OpenVZ fixes up to git commit 0f14912e3d2251aff,
>> Checkpointing work if enabled if enabled in feature-set/openvz/config,
>> but a bug existes in 2.6.24 and 2.6.26, chkpnt with a sit device doesnt
>> work, see http://bugzilla.openvz.org/874
>
> latest sid image that will be uploaded today has up to
> 24cebf40278cb071ff8b,
> but that still has checkpointing defaulting to no.
>
> --
> maks
>

> ps please don't top post.

Yesterday sync my own debain linux-2.6 tree with the last OpenVZ git
commit and checkpoint feature enabled, and checkpoint works.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Thorsten

Old 09-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Pavel Emelyanov

maximilian attems wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 11:26:49PM +0300, Mert Dirik wrote:
>> Do you plan to fix #497292 for this release? It would be good although I'm not
>> sure if it can be done before release since it is not important.
>
> hmmm, CONFIG_VZ_CHECKPOINT defaults to n according to the openvz patchset.

My fault I forgot to put it back when we finally made it working...

> and the options where taken in accordance with openvz team.
>
> maybe kir or pavel have some input, but that be pretty hard to change now,
> as this may well be an abi breaker.

Can you elaborate on this? CPT modules provide only two ioctl-s for
vzctl and nothing more that can affect any other binary.

Thanks,
Pavel

Old 09-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Kir Kolyshkin

maximilian attems wrote:

Do you plan to fix #497292 for this release? It would be good although I'm not
sure if it can be done before release since it is not important.

hmmm, CONFIG_VZ_CHECKPOINT defaults to n according to the openvz patchset.
and the options where taken in accordance with openvz team.

maybe kir or pavel have some input, but that be pretty hard to change now,
as this may well be an abi breaker.

Max,

If it's still possible to change this option, please do it.
Checkpointing is now working fine, it's totally our fault that we forgot
to switch the relative option.

So, please set CONFIG_VZ_CHECKPOINT=m. From the ABI point of view this
adds two new ioctl()s for /dev/vzctl, nothing more.