Old 09-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Michael Vogt

Default Marvell 88SE6111 in the new kernels (2.6.25 and newer)

Hey,
I have an MSI P35 Neo-Motherboard which has one IDE-Port over Marvell
88SE6111 and using kernel 2.6.26-1-amd64 on Lenny.
In the older kernels (I think it was 2.6.24 and older) I just loaded the
modules marvell and pata_marvell with modprobe and my IDE-CD-Drives worked.

But now, the modules seem to be broken. According to lsmod, they are loaded:
# lsmod | grep -i 'marvell'
marvell 8576 0
libphy 24832 1 marvell
pata_marvell 8832 0
libata 165472 4 pata_marvell,ata_generic,ata_piix,ahci

But I don't have access to them (and there are no entries in the syslog).

Greets,
Michael

(Usually I am just a user, but nobody was able to help me on
debian-user-german, so I’m asking here now. If I forgot to say an
information or to post a config or whatelese, please tell me.

And please CC me, I'm not subscribed in the list.)