Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 PM
kukuruz schnitzi

Default #460190

hi everybody!

i reported this ugly usb-bug once upon a while. Dann Frazier asked me to try to use a newer kernel than 2.6.18. well, i was a noob back then and had no idea how to compile a functioning kernel...after building a system from scratch with the LFS livecd i probably can call me a newbie now. i've compiled a couple of nice and lean 2.6.26 kernels in the meantime (no thanks, i ain't got a token ring network within my substandard flat nor do i need fiber channel :-)). making your own kernel is really great fun! however, there are no problems anymore when connecting my nokia musicexpress mobile to my intel boxes, even if i hit any buttons or just unplug it without unmounting (also no freeze of the console after entering lsusb etc.). i've tried all kind of configs e.g. with and without verbose debug and so on. looks pretty stable, so i guess that's it for me. thanks to whoever made this possible. and thanks for making the best OS out there in the wild! by
then!

regards bubo.ignauus