FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Colomban Wendling
 
Default Bug#497931: forcedeth: don't work after resume

Ooops: don't care about LED activity, it is the normal one, sorry.
(activity LED on when cable plugged in, blinking when network activity)

I've made another test: the device works perfectly if I remove the
forcedeth driver before suspending and reload if after resume.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Moritz Muehlenhoff
 
Default Bug#497931: forcedeth: don't work after resume

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 04:52:40PM +0200, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Ooops: don't care about LED activity, it is the normal one, sorry.
> (activity LED on when cable plugged in, blinking when network activity)
>
> I've made another test: the device works perfectly if I remove the
> forcedeth driver before suspending and reload if after resume.

Can you check, whether the connectivity fails due to a reversed
(and thus illegal) MAC address? That's a bug that's been fixed in
2.6.21 (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=439167),
but it appears to resurface in some suspend scenarios:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=f55c21fd9a92a444e55ad1ca4e4732d 56661bf2e

Cheers,
Moritz



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 12-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Colomban Wendling
 
Default Bug#497931: forcedeth: don't work after resume

Moritz Muehlenhoff a écrit :
> Can you check, whether the connectivity fails due to a reversed
> (and thus illegal) MAC address? That's a bug that's been fixed in
> 2.6.21 (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=439167),
> but it appears to resurface in some suspend scenarios:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=f55c21fd9a92a444e55ad1ca4e4732d 56661bf2e
>
> Cheers,
> Moritz
>
Hi,

Seems not, the MAC address (as reported by ifconfig) doesn't change
after resume, seems to be always the right one.


Regards,
Colomban




--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 12-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Colomban Wendling
 
Default Bug#497931: forcedeth: don't work after resume

Moritz Muehlenhoff a écrit :
> Could you try to reproduce this with a current 2.6.28-rcX
> kernel? You can find the .config file from the current Debian
> kernels under /boot
>
> If the problem still persists, could you file a bug at
> bugzilla.kernel.org?
>
> Cheers,
> Moritz
>
Hi,

Just to inform you that I haven't forgotten this bug, but for now I have
some problems on trying with 2.6.28-rc9: the kernel runs well, but after
resume my screen is blank. Seems to be another bug/misconfiguration
somewhere (both with 2.6.26 and 2.6.28) without the nVidia proprietary
driver that I use (yes, I know…) with 2.6.26 and that won't install with
2.6.28.
Anyway, I'm trying to find a way to be able to see what I do after
resume on 2.6.28, but for now I haven't found one. Well, if any of you
could guide me on some way, please do it
I've tried some of the quirk-* options of pm-suspend, but for now I
haven't found the right configuration if it exist.

Regards,
Colomban



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 12-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Colomban Wendling
 
Default Bug#497931: forcedeth: don't work after resume

Colomban Wendling a écrit :
> Moritz Muehlenhoff a écrit :
>
>> Could you try to reproduce this with a current 2.6.28-rcX
>> kernel? You can find the .config file from the current Debian
>> kernels under /boot
>>
>> If the problem still persists, could you file a bug at
>> bugzilla.kernel.org?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Moritz
>>
>>
> Hi,
>
> Just to inform you that I haven't forgotten this bug, but for now I have
> some problems on trying with 2.6.28-rc9: […]
>
> Regards,
> Colomban
>
Hi again,

Well, I have finally thought about a solution and it works (3 computers,
4 Ethernet cards and one SSH connexion).
What I could see now is that:
1) with the official 2.6.28-rc9, the kernel doesn't freeze if I unload
the forcedeth driver after resume, but the driver don't work better, no
connexions seems possible after resume (link seems not to be detected).
2) with the Lenny's 2.6.26 and with *or without* any proprietary driver
(ath_pci & co, nvidia), the problem is the same (proprietary drivers
seems not to be the cause of the freeze).

Hum, I've found a similar bug on the Linux kernel's bugtracker and added
a comment to it (http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10487#c9) -
sorry to not have seen it before. But the kernel freeze is a Debian or
Linux < 2.6.28-rc9 bug.

Regards,
Colomban



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 12-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Moritz Muehlenhoff
 
Default Bug#497931: forcedeth: don't work after resume

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 10:41:57PM +0100, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Colomban Wendling a écrit :
> > Moritz Muehlenhoff a écrit :
> >
> >> Could you try to reproduce this with a current 2.6.28-rcX
> >> kernel? You can find the .config file from the current Debian
> >> kernels under /boot
> >>
> >> If the problem still persists, could you file a bug at
> >> bugzilla.kernel.org?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Moritz
> >>
> >>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just to inform you that I haven't forgotten this bug, but for now I have
> > some problems on trying with 2.6.28-rc9: [???]
> >
> > Regards,
> > Colomban
> >
> Hi again,
>
> Well, I have finally thought about a solution and it works (3 computers,
> 4 Ethernet cards and one SSH connexion).
> What I could see now is that:
> 1) with the official 2.6.28-rc9, the kernel doesn't freeze if I unload
> the forcedeth driver after resume, but the driver don't work better, no
> connexions seems possible after resume (link seems not to be detected).
> 2) with the Lenny's 2.6.26 and with *or without* any proprietary driver
> (ath_pci & co, nvidia), the problem is the same (proprietary drivers
> seems not to be the cause of the freeze).
>
> Hum, I've found a similar bug on the Linux kernel's bugtracker and added
> a comment to it (http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10487#c9) -
> sorry to not have seen it before. But the kernel freeze is a Debian or
> Linux < 2.6.28-rc9 bug.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm marking that version as forwarded.

Cheers,
Moritz



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Colomban Wendling
 
Default Bug#497931: forcedeth: don't work after resume

Hi again!

I've tested the patch Ayaz Abdulla written and attached to the bug
report I've mentioned above, and it seems to fix the bug. See
http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10487#c21 for the patch and
other comments about it.
Note that this patch seems not to be applied in 2.6.29-rc3.

Regards,
Colomban



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:46 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org