-   Debian Kernel (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kernel/)
-   -   New desktop sound theme. (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kernel/151887-new-desktop-sound-theme.html)

Chris Norman 08-31-2008 09:30 PM

New desktop sound theme.

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 14:26 -0700, Klaatu wrote:

> 1. How can I apply the new theme to my ubuntu machine?
>
> is that a typo or a joke or are you serious?

Neither.

I used to use fedora about 6 versions back, but now with the graphical
user interface becoming more accessible, I find ubuntu a hole lot more
accessible (wehich is (as you can probably imagine) quite important to
me), at leat until orca supports QT as well as GTK.

> 2. Whom do I send the updated sound theme to for confirmation?
>
> i don't know but i can't wait to hear it. do you have it posted
> somewhere?

No, I have no where to host it, if anyone has any ideas? ...
Cheers.

Luya Tshimbalanga 08-31-2008 10:28 PM

New desktop sound theme.

Chris Norman a écrit :
>> 2. Whom do I send the updated sound theme to for confirmation?
>>
>> i don't know but i can't wait to hear it. do you have it posted
>> somewhere?
>>

> No, I have no where to host it, if anyone has any ideas? ...
> Cheers.

Have you considered to get Fedora account?

Luya

Klaatu 08-31-2008 10:34 PM

New desktop sound theme.

How big are the files? I have a place i can place them, also a server to which i can give you temporary access.* Let me know how big they are and if nothing else i will email you offlist the information you need to post.

-klaatu

2008/8/31 Luya Tshimbalanga <luya@fedoraproject.org>

Chris Norman a écrit :

>> * * * * 2. Whom do I send the updated sound theme to for confirmation?

>> i don't know but i can't wait to hear it. *do you have it posted

>> somewhere?

> No, I have no where to host it, if anyone has any ideas? ...

> Cheers.

Have you considered to get Fedora account?

Luya

---
uzu linukso. subtenu libera programaro.
kotizu al http://www.thebadapples.info/ogg.xml
http://www.thebadapples.info/fedorareloaded/ogg.xml

Chris Norman 08-31-2008 11:10 PM

New desktop sound theme.

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 15:34 -0700, Klaatu wrote:
> How big are the files? I have a place i can place them, also a server
> to which i can give you temporary access. Let me know how big they
> are and if nothing else i will email you offlist the information you
> need to post.

26.7 MB.

HTH.

Nicu Buculei 09-01-2008 07:45 AM

New desktop sound theme.

Chris Norman wrote:

Hi ALl,
I have altered the sounds in the freedesktop.com sound theme, and am
wondering two things:

1. How can I apply the new theme to my ubuntu machine?

I have no idea about Ubuntu but I wonder if you need a F10 development
build with libcanberra.

2. Whom do I send the updated sound theme to for confirmation?

Probably it is a good idea to post the sound files somewhere for
feed-back first (using fedorapeople.org hosting is a good choice).

Chris Norman 09-01-2008 08:46 AM

New desktop sound theme.

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 10:45 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Probably it is a good idea to post the sound files somewhere for
> feed-back first (using fedorapeople.org hosting is a good choice).

It is at:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4juk5m

HTH.

--