Old 08-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Holger Levsen

Default removal doesnt seem an option atm, or?

Hi,

today there are still two packages depending on kernel-package, cdfs-src and
linux-2.6. dphys-kernel-packages has beem removed from sid and lenny.

cdfs-src suffers from #482075, so it might be a removal candidate too.

linux-2.6 build-depends on kernel-package (>= 10.063). If the code still uses
kernel-package, and I have no reason to not believe the control file, removal
of kernel-package is not really an option at this time.

So far I think/thought this bug (#475036) should be tagged lenny-ignore but on
a 2nd read of it, I'm not so sure anymore: kernel-package has users who like
it and rely on it, but yet it's broken on recent kernels...

regards,
Holger

Old 08-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Bastian Blank

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 12:00:23AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> linux-2.6 build-depends on kernel-package (>= 10.063). If the code still uses
> kernel-package, and I have no reason to not believe the control file, removal
> of kernel-package is not really an option at this time.

This code is scheduled for removal after the release. If it can't be
used in Lenny, then it needs to go earlier.

> So far I think/thought this bug (#475036) should be tagged lenny-ignore but on
> a 2nd read of it, I'm not so sure anymore: kernel-package has users who like
> it and rely on it, but yet it's broken on recent kernels...

Äh, the maintainer decided that it is not suitable for release.

Bastian

--
There are always alternatives.
-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3